Clown

"Mom,...we are going home tomorrow," Nick whispered as sleep came over him. Sydney roamed her hand in his hair and lean in to kiss his head. "Good night," and looked at his tablet to find Gideon and Amber sleeping too.

She contemplated if she should be happy or sad that no one was caught or came out but there were no answers. Just as last two nights she passed out on the recliner but was jolted out of her sleep when she heard a very loud knock at the door. Looking at the clock striking three in the morning made her gulp hard but before she could reach the person on the door it was banged louder this time.

Running out of Nick's room she saw Rey already standing in the living room motioning her to stay back. He too seemed to be awakened by this unexpected guest.

"Sydney!" The moment she heard Noah's voice her face went pale. Gesturing Rey to stay at his place she went to open the door.

"Noah..." She tried to smile but the moment she looked at his hard jaw she knew she had messed up things immensely.

"...I can explain," She said looking at Noah coming into the house ignoring her altogether. She too turned to find Noah who stopped briefly looking at Rey who had his jeans hung low and shirt with dismissed buttons at places.

Sydney could feel the heat of lava bursting in Noah's voice when he asked, "Where is Nick?"

"Left side...." She only managed but the moment she saw him storming to Nick's room she tried to follow him too to have a chance to talk with him.

"...Noah, I can explain," She said but saw him picking up Nick,

"You are disgusting,...you think it's a game! Getting a kid's life in danger is a fucking game to you!" Noah shrieked making Nick startled out of his sleep.

"Daddy?" Nick said confused as he saw his dad yelling at Sydney in the dark.

"...Noah, I took this step for us." Sydney started but was soon cut off with Noah yelling,

"Hell with us! And, hell with you!" Noah shrieked before picking up Nick who wanted to do anything but be in his father's arms right now.

"Mommy,...what's happening?" Nick looked at his back and asked his mom.

"...We are going home, Nick. This is what happening." Though Noah tried to have his voice lowered Nick could feel the coldness in his voice.

"Mommy,..." Nick called for Sydney who was walking behind them but this time his voice was scared.

"Dad, why are you leaving mom?" Nick asked looking out of his car while ignoring the question Noah secured the door and turned to look at Sydney.

"You can stay all you want...As we can see you have got security." Noah looked at her back to give a hard glare to the Rey before leaving her there all alone.

A lump formed in her throat before she got to her car and dialed for Jasper.

"How he ever got here?" Sydney seethed in anger while on the other side it was only silence.

"He didn't tell any of us. We didn't know he was coming we were...we were busier on your protection," She couldn't believe Jasper could be this careless. But the damage had already done.

"...But he won't say anything to you, he loves you...Look Sydney...he can't be serious just follow him and he will let you in..."

"What do you take me as Jasper?" Sydney was shocked,

"Relax, you will be fine...he is your husband," She was about to start the engine but listening to him she cut the call and threw it on the dashboard.