A drive into past

Jasper smiled before replying, "It is very nice to finally see you in person, Mrs. Miller." He had his beard trimmed and hair combed back. His personality was still there unfazed as he looked far more handsome for his age. Just like old times.

Sydney stared at his wheelchair for a few seconds before asking again,

"What happened to you?... Why did you lie to me?" She couldn't help but ask. She felt sorry for him but she pities herself even more.

"I didn't have any other way..." He tried to say the part as if he could feel her pain.

"You should have told me that my kids were alive, my Noah was alive,..."

"It was you who said that you lost your kids. It was you who already believed that Mr. Miller was dead," Jasper started in his defense but Sydney was quick to show her disapproval.

"What I believed wasn't true? You could have told me this...That person,..." Sydney's voice got stuck in her throat as tears dared to slip with her boiling anger.

"That person made me listen to my kids crying before he silenced them to death." She shouted and Jasper was about to say something when she added with utter disappointment. "I believed you Jasper...but you failed them. I didn't even blame you after that but what you did to me?" She questioned but Jasper stayed silent as she continued. "You let me believe that I lost my kids. For five years I had been mourning them. For five years they had been suffering a life they don't deserve."

"I told you I will get them, I told you to run away with me. And, Mrs. Miller you lost that opportunity. Once the kids were safe no one was allowed to get you out of there...and when Lucifer lost your babies. He staged their death."

"You could have come to save me," Sydney protested,

"I was shot saving the twins...right into the spine," Jasper said and made her see his wheelchair.

She knew what she wanted to complain about. There were many. But what was she to say this all to the person who put his life in saving her babies?

"What's with not telling me about Noah and twins?" This time her voice didn't have rage. But her tone was serious enough to tell Jasper that she won't back off until she got her answers.

"Miss Miller was of the view that you won't get away from Lucifer. But when you did she wanted us,...to kill you."

Sydney had to take a moment before letting her absorb this piece of information. She walked to take a seat in front of him and noticed Mr. Saad standing beside Jasper.

"How come I am alive then?" Sydney asked and Jasper inhaled sharply before starting,

"It is not because of me. The team decided it themselves. And, they only betrayed Ms. Miller because Noah was still alive. They would have been in trouble if Noah would ever come to know about this,..."

"Am I joke to you?" Sydney cut him off,

"I was in no condition to help you out. But I suggested my team to have you with Saad. I was a guardian to him. And, Ms. Miller didn't know anything about him,..."

"Did you know about my kids?" Sydney questioned Mr. Saad and he was silent.

"I am divorcing you," Sydney turned back to look at the door to find Mrs. Saad standing there. It proves Mrs. Saad wasn't deceiving her.

"I am done too," Sydney said before getting up and was about to turn to leave when Jasper said,

"You can't take Nick with you," This made Sydney look at him with utter shock.