Lunch Party 2

She was right there. Laughing or smiling at something. Beside her was her husband. And they were not alone a lot of people had arrived and the party seems like have been started.

I felt numb. My old times start haunting me. Why she did what she did? Where I went wrong? It's been a long time that I have stopped thinking about these questions but watching her here today makes me wonder again.

I looked at my fingers. They felt heated and the pain was radiating like wave after wave. Grabbing my wrist I sank towards the floor as I winced in pain.

Most of the time I don't get these much hits in a single time. But today Mariah took things on the other level. It seems like she was venting off her anger. Only if I was paying attention and didn't bump into him.

In the end, it was my mistake again. Why? Why me? But then the pain became unbearable and I screamed in my brain. What took Abigail, so long? I wanted some painkillers badly. I startle with a loud whimper when I hear the door knocking.

"Sydney, Open the door. It's me." I heard Abigail from the other side.

It took everything in me to get up from my spot and open that door. She had a tray in her hand. She looked worried for me. Placing that tray on the table she helped me to sit on the bed.

"Where it hurts the most." She asked while getting me out of my T-shirt. I made her look at my fingers.

"Oh Dear," She sucked into the air. It took her 20 mins. In these 20 mins, she applied ointment. Wrapped a bandage around my fingers and gave me some anodyne along with some orange juice.

Tugging me into my bed she advised me to take some rest and left. I know she can't stay with me. Even though catering was taking care of everything, there must be a load of works from the Blake family itself. Laying on my bed I felt relaxed thinking that I won't be required to face anyone today. And let the darkness consume me.

******************

My body responded to some thud. The moment I realize that someone was punching the door I forced myself to open my eyes. The first thing I noticed was the time. It was 1:45 pm. Indicating I only slept for 40 mins. Pushing the sheets away from my body I took my time to place my feet on the floor. My mind felt dizzy. Maybe it was the effect of the medicine.

"Sydney, I know honey.... That you are in there." Martha said.

My eyes shot open and stomach dropped with fear. I could feel my throat is going dry. No, not this women. But she never came to my room before. Because she always found you outside whenever she visits.

I start contemplating my options. And just like any other time I don't have any. The door was being knocked again. I let out a loud gasp and grab my t-shirt before going towards the door. I put my sweaty hand on the handle. Shutting my eyes closed I gulped down my saliva. You are numb. Just don't listen to any word or feel anything.

Turning the knob I opened the door. Two figures. I dread the most. I didn't look at them as my head was down. But I can imagine a little smile on their faces. I could feel their stare.

"Oh, sweet, I was looking for you everywhere. You know we only come to see you." Martha cooed and placed her hand on my shoulder. The pain shot from the lash on the shoulder. I pressed my lips and hold my breath to stop myself from wincing. But tears dread to come out. She took her hand back and start observing my room. It was their first time here.

"Just look at your room now. You know you are going to have a very big room really soon. Must be very happy." Sophie sneered.

I try not to pay attention to their words. I didn't have any option except being silent and taking whatever they have to throw at me. I do have a mouth but I am afraid of the consequences. Consequences. Yes, This very word rules over my life. But I still stand every day. I wonder how?