Scars

Standing under the shower he inhaled sharp. He knew he had screwed the situation. Her moans and the way she touched him roamed in his brain. He tried to relax but couldn't. There were many questions that he needed answers for but right now he was embarrassed for how he commented on her body.

Stepping out of the shower he recalled how good and affectionate she had been with him all this time. This somehow made him confident that she will let the matter slide.

The moment he laid his eyes on her he saw her as a beautiful fragile girl. Now seeing she has scars all over her body was not less than a blow.

Coming down he noticed kids still in their sleep wares coming up to him.

"Good morning, daddy" Gideon showed his perfect smile while Amber sheepishly approached him and wait for Noah to pick her up.

"Where's mom?" Noah asked picking up Amber and Gideon was quick to reply.

"In your room."

"Yea," Noah sighed a little puzzled before calling, "Sandra!...Sandra!" And, the moment kids saw Sandra appearing they heard Noah ordering,

"Get them to take bath,..."

"Where's mama?" Amber asked this time fully alerted.

"I am here," Sydney appeared securing her hair in a bun. Noah looked at her simple white t-shirt and black trousers while kids ran to Sydney. He waited for her to look at him but it never happened.

He wondered if he knew already about those scars. But recalling her comfort with her body around him he knew that he was aware and didn't have any problems with it in the past.

He waited on the table but when no one arrived even after half of an hour he had to get to them to bid his farewell before he leaves.

"When I become the baker I will make orange cupcakes for you,..." Noah heard Amber and came to look at Sydney who was styling Amber's hair.

"Granny won't let you do that,...but I won't tell her if you make me cupcakes," Gideon added busy on his game.

"You know what I want you to be," Sydney said getting her kids' attention in a second.

"What?" Both asked,

"I want you two to be happy," Sydney smiled while Amber showed her an all teeth smile.

"This is easy," Gideon commented showing his smile to her mom too.

"But dad said I should think about working with him," Amber told her mom,

"...but dad wants you to be happy too," Noah commented getting in the room.

"You never said it before," Gideon commented,

"This is because I know you two are always happy," Noah said before giving some space to Sandra who came inside with their breakfast and started setting it on the table.

"Pancakes!" Amber exclaimed with joy while Sydney smiled looking Amber happy and active.

Noah was served his coffee while kids started having pancakes. And, when Sydney chose for nothing Amber offered her strawberry shake and asked,

"You like it?"

"No, you can have it," Sydney smiled looking at Amber finishing her glass but her smile faded when she looked at Noah. He took a sip on his coffee with his eyes all over on her. The two red marks on her neck was still a reminder of their very passionate night.

For him, it was still very early to say if he loved her or not. But he wanted her. He recalled the event from the morning and needed to know who did it with her. He wanted to know if the person who treated her badly was sent to hell or still littering the earth.