True or False Mermaid [Arc 9.1]

Mulai dari awal

“Are you lacking mermaids at home? You actually even have to especially come here to buy them.” Reibar squinted at him. He felt like he had lost his mind earlier when he actually agreed to come here with him.

Downey wagged his finger at him. “You don’t understand this at all. I come here to enjoy the happiness of selection. This is much more interesting than the ones that are sent to my door as presents.”

Reibar ignored him. This kind of place was not the kind of place people like them should come to. But now that they were here, he would see what was so fun about it.

Downey swept his gaze over the surroundings. After seeing a figure, he squinted, leaned toward Reibar, and whispered, “I spotted an acquaintance.”

“Who?” Reibar asked without interest. The people who could come to this kind of place were either wealthy businessmen or servants of the aristocracy. It was certainly not common for aristocrats like Downey to come here for fun.

Downey just wanted to gossip a bit with Reibar when the first youth to be auctioned came onstage. It was rare for him to be able to come, so Downey decided to focus on the auction. “I’ll tell you after.”

Jing Yang stood there watching the youths in front of him taking turns one by one to go on stage. He really wanted to learn more about this world, but now was not the time. He could only try his best to pay attention to his surroundings while using the system to get a simple understanding.

When he saw the introduction to this body, which had the word mermaid, he was stunned. So in this world, he was not only not some sort of servant, but was also not even a real human being, but a mermaid?

Jing Yang looked down at his long, slender legs and could not imagine what a fish tail would look like there. From the moment he woke up, he didn’t even know what this body looked like and had to use the system to take a look.

On the system screen two images showed up. One was labeled the original appearance, and the other was labeled the current appearance. Jing Yang was even more puzzled. How could there be two different appearances of the same body? Could it be that the mermaid state and the human state would have different appearances?

And wasn’t the difference between the two appearances too big? It wasn’t that the current appearance wasn’t good looking. Even though the current appearance was quite handsome, the skin wasn’t too great. But the original appearance was too beautiful. Its beauty looked unreal, as if he was an elf who didn’t belong to the human world.

Two dozen youths took turns on stage and were auctioned off. But Downey became more and more disinterested because none of the artificial mermaids caught his interest this time.

When they finally came to the last Jing Yang, Downey looked a few times and felt like he wasn’t very interested. He turned to Reibar and said, “This trip was pointless again, let’s go.”

Hearing that Downey was finally willing to leave, the very bored Reibar didn’t even think before moving to stand up. But the moment he looked up, he happened to meet the clear blue eyes of the person on stage. He felt a sudden shudder in his heart, and then he couldn’t move.

Downey felt like Reibar’s eyes were a little strange. He looked at the person on stage doubtfully and then turned to ask, “Cousin, what’s wrong?”