Life of Music [12.15]

Chapter 177

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

After the judges had given their comments, the online voting began. All of the contestants returned to the stage after the one-hour voting period ended to await the results.

If Ji Xiao's heart attack had not been made public, Jing Yang would have been the clear winner. After hearing Jing Yang's performance, the other three contestants would accept it if that's the result, but it wouldn't be the case if Ji Xiao won in the end.

Everyone was waiting to see the outcome, whether the sympathetic side defeated the rational side or the rational side defeated the sympathetic side.

"We're nearing the end of this competition," the host said. "This envelope in my hand contains the results of this round, as well as the sum of the votes from all three rounds. I believe that everyone, like me, is eagerly anticipating the outcome. Even though most have the same people in their minds, the outcomes are nonetheless still full of suspense. After all, will our competition maintain the actual meaning of competition for the singers? Let me now present the results to you all."

The host's sarcastic speech made Ji Xiao very uncomfortable, but all he could do was pretend he didn't understand and wait for the result to be announced like everyone else. After he saw Jing Yang complete his performance, he was even more enraged that Jing Yang had refused to help him in winning the competition. He believed that if Jing Yang wrote the song for him, he would win first place. Even though he knew in his heart that he had been defeated by Jing Yang in every part of his strength, he remained optimistic about the outcome of the competition and prayed in his heart that everything he had done would not be in vain.

The host ripped open the envelope, pulled out the card inside, and read it out loud. "The contestant who received the most votes in the third round of the Sound of Heaven Competition, who also received the most votes in all three rounds, and the winner is..."

The host took a breath, turned to face the camera, and said, "Congratulations to the winner, Chu Yang! Congratulations on your victory in the Sound of Heaven Competition! Congratulations!"
There was thunderous applause at the scene, and Jing Yang took first place, which can be said to be what the people want and had been recognized by practically the entire audience.

Ji Xiao refrained from clenching his fists and instead clapped and congratulated along with others. The other three contestants' eyes shone with sincerity, but Ji Xiao couldn't even pretend to be sincere, and his composure was barely maintained.

Ji Xiao couldn't help but twitch when the host announced the total number of votes Jing Yang had received. He didn't expect that even after doing so many things and still losing so badly. He mistakenly assumed that those who sympathized with him on the Internet would be on par with those who backed Jing Yang, but he was absolutely wrong.

Most Internet users vote rationally, not because they lack empathy, but because they now have a higher ideological standing. They believe that empathy should not be displayed in a competition that tests one's strength and skill. Otherwise, a bad influence will develop, chilling the hearts of truly brilliant people and making them not want to participate in such tournaments in the future.

Ji Xiao and the other three candidates took a walk down the platform together, seeing Gu Mang personally present Jing Yang with the award. In addition to the trophy, there were also high bonus prizes. Every new musician wants to receive this honor.

In his heart, Ji Xiao was very unsatisfied. He thought to himself that he had given it his all, yet not only had he failed to stop Chu Yang, but instead increased his successes. He couldn't stand it any longer, and he needed to find a way to change things.