Game Developer [11.1]

Chapter 146

www.otakutl.com

Jing Yang woke up in a car. He saw the streetlights passing by, as well as those high-rise buildings with their bright lights, and subconsciously rubbed his eyes. This body is exhausted; he clearly hasn't gotten enough rest.

He cast a quick glance at the driver. Although he had no idea where he was going, he should first try to understand this world's situation. Otherwise, he won't be able to deal with what comes next. At the very least, he should know his current identity.

Jing Yang closed his eyes again. Instead of opening the body's memory, he just simply learned about his identity.

Xi Le is the name of this body. He is the president of a big game company despite being less than thirty years old. He's off to a banquet now, and the reason he's so tired is that the original host hasn't rested well in more than a month because of a new game development.

Even though he is completely exhausted, he must attend this important banquet. The reason will not be clear until he learns more about it.

Because he is going to a banquet, it is natural for him to have a brief understanding of what he should do at the banquet. The only thing he know is that there will be some important people attending the banquet, and he should greet them.

Jing Yang had just finished absorbing the general information when the car arrived outside the hotel building. In short, he had all of the necessary information, which was sufficient to ensure that there would be no mistakes later.

Jing Yang exited the car and entered the hotel. As he was about to enter the elevator, he noticed a familiar face. This person, whom he only learned about in the car, is one of the important people who attended the banquet, as well as the main competitor of the original host company. 

In fact, it is not entirely accurate to call it a competitor. The other company's strength is much greater, and the game company is only one of their industries, as opposed to the original host company, which only develops games.

"Mr. He." Jing Yang reached out to greet him as soon as he entered the elevator.

"Mr. Xi." He Lang approached Jing Yang calmly, extended his hand, and shook hands with him. However, when the two hands were held together, He Lang felt an electromagnetic force sucking his hand and he looked at Jing Yang in surprise.

Jing Yang appeared to be electrified by the current as well; his hand shook slightly, and he looked at He Lang with the same surprise in his eyes.

He Lang has been staring at Jing Yang, thinking to himself that this is not the first time he has seen Xi Le, but why does he feel this person is different today?

Jing Yang wanted to withdraw his hand, but He Lang kept staring at him, as if he didn't want to let go, so he had to forcefully withdraw his hand. His scrutinizing gaze made Jing Yang feel a little self-conscious. As the elevator approached the intended floor, Jing Yang made a polite gesture and said, "Mr. He, please."

He Lang eventually averted his gaze. Jing Yang took a step forward and silently exhaled. After his heartbeat had stabilized, he walked into the banquet hall, keeping a safe distance from He Lang.

The banquet is a great venue to build relationships, but it's also a very hypocritical event. There will be an invisible clash every now and then, and for some people, it will feel like being a fish in the water. Someone will approach you to say hi if you have a really impressive background. For example, as soon as He Lang walked into the hall, someone greeted him. Or if you have excellent interpersonal skills, understand how to observe your words, and make a positive impact on others, your chances of future cooperation will be stronger. Or you can simply stay honest, talk to people you know well, and don't mess around.