The inmate though brought on a series of emotions in Sun Hui, piled on by their banter.

The inmate also had long black hair, probably reaching just a little past the shoulders. A section of his hair had been put into a ponytail at the back while the rest flowed on his shoulders. Sun Hui could imagine him easily doing drugs in that getup. He could even see a tattoo of some sort on his wrist. Next to Xu Shen and his own greasy looks, piercings, and tattoos, the two inmates could be a dangerous looking pair right from a mafia or gang.

But when the inmate's annoyed and angry black eyes met Sun Hui's, Sun Hui couldn't hold back the gasp that left him. Before he knew it, he was a crying mess. He couldn't deny it, the inmate looked exactly like Ru. It was too much.

"Ru..." Sun Hui sobbed.

The inmate raised an eyebrow, "You were right, Shen. This boy is weird, but you left out the part that he is a crybaby. How on Earth do you plan on training him?"

Xu Shen went up to Sun Hui and shook him, "Hey, kid, we went over this."

The whisper was close to Sun Hui for only him to hear, but it was enough to shake him out of it and get back to his senses. His cries died down, but the inmate that looked exactly like his older brother kept throwing him funny looks.

"He's all right," Xu Shen said. "Just weird. Shall we continue? It's bad enough you're late and created a racket. Someone could've heard you."

"He's always loud, apparently I haven't punished him enough," the warden growled.

"I think you have," the Ru doppelgänger winced. "You sure he's all right? Maybe we should give him a break—"

"I said he's fine, so he's fine," Xu Shen snapped. "We can't hold back on this anymore."

"He can handle it," the warden said, calmly this time to the inmate in assurance. Sun Hui couldn't believe their whiplash inducing exchanges. Just like Ru and Chen Bao...

"Right, now that we have all calmed down," Xu Shen began. "Let's get going, shall we? We don't have all night."

They all nodded. But Sun Hui couldn't help but think how ominous this all felt. He got that he needed to protect himself against violent inmates like Crusher and his lackeys for when his protection wasn't around just in case, and to further survive alone once he got out, but he felt more like he was training for something that was looming over their heads, fast approaching.
*****

"Head Warden Hou Feng, one of our new recruits overheard something going on and thought he should report it. It seems there is some trouble..." a voice trailed off nervously.

Hou Feng, who was sitting behind his desk and calmly gazing at the fireplace behind him, slowly spun his chair around to face the lower subordinate. He had trouble sleeping as his thoughts were plagued with a certain black haired innocent beauty. Perhaps it also had to do with sexual frustration and frustration at himself for feeling so conflicted wherever Yang Bo was concerned. He made him want to be nice and gentle. To be good to the undeserving inmates.

His short silver hair had been messy from several hours of running his long fingers through it. His silver eyes were dull and tired as they pierced through the trembling lower ranked officer with annoyance. His police hat covered the upper half of his eyes which made him look even more intimidating.

"Spit it out. What is the matter? What could possibly go wrong in the prison at this hour? Is it an escapee?"

"No, sir, it...it seems some inmates are out and about messing around with equipment, but it doesn't look like they are escaping," the warden squeaked.

Hou Feng narrowed his hawk like eyes. "What did you say?"

(I am having a hard time finding character pics so give me some more time for those, okay? Also I like to apologize in advance if this isn't how the prison system realistically works, just going by TV shows and other books, heh.)
My goal is to try to finish this story either before or a little bit after I go away for college! I'm hoping that I make smooth and frequent enough updates to get there. And I want to try finishing up the rewritten first world arc on the revised edition before I go as well.
In the mean time I have been writing other stories to prepare for updates. I'm not sure if any of you would be interested, but if you want a sneak peek of them let me know!
I keep holding off on the revised edition because I do not want to rush it and my mind is focused on bringing this story along, but I promise I'll update it soon! Right now, the real outside world is kinda shitty so I think it's also better I focus on the main story right now. One thing at a time.
~Outcast