5.1 - A Prisoner of Love

*unedited*

"Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you." - Cant' Help Falling in Love with You by Elvis Presley

When Sun Hui opened his eyes, the first thing he realized was that he was lacking air. As he tried to gasp only to wheeze, he then noticed the hand clutched around his throat. He grasped at the bulky hand, his legs failing in the air as he was held up and pressed high against the wall. The arm attached to the rough hand was muscular and veiny. He wished he could describe the man's face, but at the moment his vision was being dotted with black circles.

"You really tested me this time, Lotus," came a snarl. He couldn't pin point the language he was hearing, but perhaps that was due to the loud ringing in his ears as he felt his life slip away. "You failed me, again, but it will be your last failure."

Not so soon! I can't die yet! I just got here!

Where were people when you needed them?

"Can't we...talk...about...this?" he managed to gasp out despite having difficulties breathing.

"Alright, enlighten me. How did you fuck up the goods? You had one job, and that was not to get caught. Now you'll pay the price for your stupidity," the man growled. Sun Hui coughed. He didn't have much time left.

This is a new situation, he winced.

He then saw his saving grace. A person had walked into the hallway they were in, but he seemed to ignore them as he moved past.

"Hey...hey! Help..." Sun Hui cried out as best he could. He saw the man stop, which meant he had heard him, but there was no further action. As he began to continue on his way, Sun Hui cried louder. "HEY!"

It was the loudest he could manage. But he didn't wait for a response, he kicked his legs and aimed right at the strangling man's crotch. He took in a large gasp of air as the grip loosened, but then went into a wheezing fit when the grip tightened even more than it was before.

"You little...! You're supposed to stay quiet and obedient! You think you can take me out? You're nothing! You aren't doing anything by crying for help, and I can tell ya right now that some favors won't cut it this time to save your sorry life. I'm gonna enjoy taking the life out of you. It's about time I discarded the used goods into the trash and threw it out," the man hissed.

Favors? What favors? Sun Hui frowned inwardly. He had no time to think, though. His life was starting to drain away.

"Help..." it was one last effort, one last plea. It probably didn't do him any good, but he wouldn't go down not trying.

His eyes were watering, his lungs were burning and closing tight. The circles turned into complete blackness.

With one last failed attempt to breath, his body went limp.

*****

Lotus was a nickname given to Yang Bo, an eighteen year old boy who was always in ill health. He was skinny and pale, and was born with a heart condition. Overtime, he was also diagnosed to have Autism. Yang Bo was seen as feminine with his pretty features and was often praised for his undoubted beauty. But even though he was attractive and many fell for him without him knowing, he was bullied for his disabilities.

One such incident resulted in losing his virginity. Yang Bo had fallen in love with his senior, Wu Gang. Wu Gang had always been polite and gentle, seeing Yang Bo as a person and not a disability. With his sweet words and seductions, Yang Bo easily gave in and let him have his way. But ever since their first time, Wu Gang had been treating him differently. He was more harsh and wasn't nearly as gentle or kind. Yang Bo also discovered he used drugs, and often when he was high he would insult or physically hurt Yang Bo. But the entire time, the naive Lotus believed Wu Gang loved him and he would get him back to his normal self.

One day, it seemed he was right. Wu Gang was acting nicer and wanted to apologize for all his actions. He claimed to be sober and wanted to redeem himself. Once again, Wu Gang lured Yang Bo into having sex for the second time, as they haven't been intimate since their first. However, Wu Gang insisted they had to go to a party first. Yang Bo was moved and couldn't care less, so he accepted.

However, Yang Bo realized that at the party a bunch of illegal drugs were being used. When he tried to warn Wu Gang and get out of there, Wu Gang pulled him into a bedroom and seduced him once more. When Yang Bo woke up, everybody else had left the party, including Wu Gang. He had been abandoned.

The police arrived shortly after and found Yang Bo guilty in possession of high level illegal drugs. Yang Bo didn't have any evidence and didn't want to get Wu Gang in trouble, so he complied.

He was sentenced to ten years with parole, which shouldn't have been hard for him to do. While in jail, he took up his nickname Lotus. To survive, Yang Bo had to sell his body and go into secret drug dealing. He knew he had a beautiful body that would please some and he was desperate to help people to get on their good side. It was the only way to ward off people's anger and be favored. He had to get close to them to be spared. He was weak, so he was an easy target and could easily die before his release. Problem was, he seemed to constantly mess up with his drug deals and always got caught. It made his sentence longer and proved how bad of a criminal he was. He didn't belong here, and everyone in here knew that. Easy meat. Every mess up he did, the more beatings he got. It was bad enough he had trouble communicating and speaking with his Autism. It was why he was so obedient. The only thing he seemed to be good at was keeping the truth of his backstory to himself.

One drug deal went wrong and one of his higher ups decided he had enough. In the past, Yang Bo had sex with him to appease him. That wouldn't work anymore, as the higher up choked him to death and discarded the body. Just like that, Yang Bo was forgotten. Even Wu Gang moved onto his next prey and forgot him among the masses. Wu Gang was just an ordinary predator who was your average bad sexual abuser and user. He constantly used his lovers to take the fall of his drug addict actions. Eventually, it all came to full circle when Wu Gang died of over dose.

Sun Hui had come to the part of the plot where Lotus should've died. Except there was one interference. Lotus would've never called out for help where Sun Hui did.

When Sun Hui opened his eyes and came to the conclusion he was still alive in the vessel, his first thought was how. He had felt his life disappearing. There was no help coming. What happened? How did he survive? Why was this world already so damn hard?

The memories of Yang Bo had been imprinted to his mind as he slept. He couldn't help but feel disgusted about this whole ordeal, and he hadn't even checked the main plot yet.

"You're up," it was a statement. A fact. Sun Hui turned his gaze to the voice. A man stood in the doorway, quite broodingly and menacingly. It was the man who had ignored him and walked past.

Did he...save me?

Coronavirus sucks. Everyone is panicking and a lot of stuff I was looking forward to was canceled.
My university shadow day, canceled. My Spanish class field trip, canceled. My band contest, canceled. The musical I was supposed to write an article about, canceled. My dance recital, canceled. My school's lock in, canceled. My brother can't watch sports like he usually does because they are canceled. School had just been canceled for two weeks, along with all other schools in my state by orders of the governor. We are taking online classes. Movies are being held back as well. Stores are being sold out. My New York trip isn't looking too hot right now, as it seems it might be canceled too. We might as well be in an apocalypse. It really sucks. It's like all good things that were going to happen to me were canceled this week. Why, coronavirus, why.
Well, I suppose it's safe to say that we will be making history with this. That's cool to think about, I guess?
I'll be updating frequently because of my two weeks off. Hope you all stay healthy and enjoy my writing during this crisis! I'd be happy to make at least one down person find distraction with my updates.
I still need to find out exactly what to do with 500k reads, hmm...have you guys given any ideas yet? If nothing comes up I might just do a mass update if I can or reveal something about my life.
~Outcast