4.6

*unedited*

After Sun Hui's classes had ended the next day, he waited for Professor Jordan's last class as per Dee's request. When the class ended, Dee popped her head out after the last student besides her (it was her last class as well) left the room.

"You can come in, now. But ignore him, he's taking his work way too seriously," she whispered the last part to him as if sharing a secret.

"I heard that," came his deep voice from within the room. "You really underestimate the powers of a god, darling."

"Pff, some god you are," Dee shouted back over her shoulder.

"Just because I've been resorted to a powerless teacher in this life doesn't mean I'm not a god. I could very well leave and return back, but I decided to condescend and stay here with you. You should show me your thanks with a thousand kisses," Professor Jordan said.

"You wish," Dee stuck out her tongue.

"Is that attitude? I think someone is looking for a—"

"I really don't want to hear you guys talk sex right in front of me," Sun Hui interrupted.

"That's not fair. I had to deal with you and lover boy for two lives!" Dee whined.

"We didn't ask you to. I actually remember hearing him telling you to stay away," Sun Hui glared accusingly.

"Professor, I'm being bullied! As your student and lover, are you going to condone that?" Dee gasped. At that moment, Sun Hui peered in.

Professor Jordan was sitting at his desk, a bunch of papers in front of him and a red pen in his hand as he old school graded them. His eyes, behind a pair of glasses (which reminded him of when he first knew him), narrowed at Dee. "You can handle it yourself. You were the one who put yourself in this situation."

"Traitor," Dee pouted.

"Why did you call me here?" Sun Hui asked, not wanting to listen to another minute of these two bantering.

"Information," Professor Jordan said. "I heard you met Wang Shuo already?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to prevent the meeting of him and my step sister," Sun Hui said. "Why?"

"As if you need to ask. Everyone knows Cinderella wouldn't have ever got her hands on the prince without her fairy godmother," Dee said. "As your best friend and the best friend of Miren, I shall help you get together again like I did in the last world. And don't you dare you think you guys wouldn't be so happy if I hadn't spied on Sun Lin."

"Best friend of Miren?" Sun Hui tilted his head in confusion.

"Former best friend," Professor Jordan corrected. "The originals had a falling out when they went to high school. Dee knows him because of her father. Apparently both of their fathers were close like brothers and they visited each other every so often. But Miren started to get...well, you know. Dee didn't approve, and the two stopped communication unless necessary."

"So like the complete opposite? Wang Shuo stopped talking to Jin Min because she was with you, a mafia boss. Now they fell out because he might as well be in a gang?" Sun Hui wrinkled his nose. He was exaggerating, though. Wangzi Miren was just like Wang Shuo...had violent tendencies and maybe some anger issues when it came to offending him, but didn't do anything bad enough to be associated with a gang or mafia, even though Wang Shuo did eventually take the position off of Li Tai's hands. But in this case, Dee seemed to have stopped talking to him because she didn't like how much of an arrogant asshole he became. It was almost reversed in a way, and therefore slightly funny. Sun Hui couldn't help but notice all the irony in this plot. Wangzi Miren's choice of a name not fitting his character, and now the reversal roles of Jin Min and Wang Shuo.