Chapter 21 Movie Romance

"So you'll do it then?" I asked Shelly on the phone.
"Yeah I'll call the school today, and move you back in next week Saturday." she squeaked on the phone.
"Thank you so much, it means a lot." Letting a smile creep on my face.
"Yup I'll talk to you later." I hung up the phone and plopped on my bed. Luke said he was taking me somewhere special tonight. He told me to dress up nice. I went in my closet and pulled out my blue lace with black underneath dress. I set it on my bed and walked over to the bathroom.
I plugged in my curling iron and glanced at the clock. I had two hours to get ready. I sighed and went back into my room and decided to change out of my pj's. I slid on my undergarments, baggy shorts, and a T-shirt; just for now.
I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth then moved on to my hair. I lightly brushed it out and then pinned up two thirds of it so I could curl the bottom layer.
*********************
It took me an hour and a half to finish my hair. I smiled as I finished putting gel in my hair, satisfied with the final look. I put some light blue eye shadow on and topped it off with some mascara. I ran into my room, stripped down to my undergarments and slid on my dress. I ran my hands over the bottom. I grabbed my black flats.
I grabbed my nice jacket just as the doorbell rang. I smiled the excitement getting to me. I opened the door to reveal a dressed up Luke. He wore a black long sleeve button up shirt with black pants and black shoes. It was all quite black, but let me say it looked good on him. His jaw went slack when he saw me.
"Hey." I broke the silence.
.... Silence....
I looked behind me. Nothing there. "Luke are you alright....?" I trailed off and waved my hand in his face. He snapped back shaking his head.
"Umm..." He smacked his tongue a little like his mouth was dry. "Yeah, you look amazing, breathtaking." He brought his hand behind his neck revealing one of the signs that you're nervous. I smiled and took a step closer to him, finding it adorable, wrapping my hands around his waist I pulled him closer to me.
"Awe, are you just a little nervous?" I puffed out my lower lip.
"Yeah..." He trailed off. I knew he wasn't just nervous but I didn't feel like embarrassing him. I do have to admit I looked pretty good in this.
I brought my hands from his waist to around his neck and brought his lips closer to mine. I slightly tilted my head as our lips locked. I pulled away...thinking about the time.
"Let me grab the house keys quick." I said as I ran into the kitchen and grabbed them off the island. I met him back by the door and let him lead me out side. He grabbed my hand as he finished locking up the door. He brought me around to the side of his truck and opened the door for me. I slid in and he walked around to his side of the truck. "I'm excited!" I said as he got in the truck.
"I think I'm a little too excited." He muttered quietly so I couldn't hear it but I did. I pretended like I didn't though. "Okay so first." Luke began. "We are going to walk down Main Street and play a game."
"What is the game?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Well you told me that one time you and Nathan played this game at a parade and really enjoyed it. Except we are just going to do compliments and whoever gets the most people to say thank you back wins." Luke grabbed my hand as he drove.
"What are we doing after that?" I asked, never well with surprises. Luke shook his head.
"One thing at a time." I smiled because I thought it was cute. I feel like he spent a lot of time trying to figure out all this.
We parked in a random parking lot somewhere behind Main Street. I slid my arm around his arm to keep a little warmer as we walked. Luke gave me a goofy look as if someone has never done that to him, but in all honesty, I used to do this to my dad all the time. I snuggled closer to his side as the cold wind hit my face. "Ready?" Luke gave me a curious look. I nodded. "And Go!" Luke said and I walked over to the first person I could find. It was a big man with a big brown and bushy beard.
"Excuse me Sir, I really like your beard."
"Thank you, little miss." The big man looked down at my face. I waved and walked away. I looked at Luke who was talking to another women and I put up my finger as he looked at me to signal that I got one. He then turned back to the women who looked like was arguing with him about her shoes. I chuckled to myself and went to the next person.
**********
We walked until we reached a park. I stopped dead in my tracks. You're kidding me right? These actually exist in real life? I thought as I looked at what was ahead of me. Luke stopped as I did. He looked at me with a sexy smirk. "I know you love horses so I got this." He stretched his arm out to show off the carriage with two beautiful horses at the reigns. I smiled at the thought that Luke remembered. I grabbed his hand and leaned in to kiss him on the cheeks.
"You remembered." I said surprised. Luke let go of my hand and slid his arm behind my back and pulled my side to his.
"Of course I did." He said as we walked to the carriage. Luke stopped to the right of the step to get into the carriage and held out his hand so I could take it and step on the step. I did so and plopped down on the bench. I smiled as Luke sat down next to me and reached down under the red cushion bench. He pulled out his guitar and started to tune it. I grew anxious not knowing what he was going to sing...or play. He then reached under the seat again to reveal an all too familiar notebook; it was mine, my song book. Before I could stop it my jaw dropped, I never showed him where I kept it. "I'm sorry but that night when you asked me to come over and just cuddle with you I saw it poking out of your night stand and became curious. I read it. I took the time to finish two of the songs that were my favorite in here, if you are ok with me trying to play it..?" He hesitantly asked looking for the emotions in my eyes. I slowly nodded worried he wasn't going to get it right or I wasn't going to like it.
He starts playing a slower tune, it wasn't to high pitch but it wasn't super low pitch either.