Chapter 14 The backstory

• Dedicated to Danielle

The next morning I felt so fat; I ate too much yesterday. I thought to myself as I pushed myself off the couch, trying not to wake Nathan who was sleeping right next to me on the couch. His hands were gracefully placed on his stomach; fingers entwined; he looked so peaceful.

I walked over to the bathroom and obviously did my duty (we all poop get over it.). I then ran my hand through my hair and walked up the steps. I found my phone on my nightstand (One of the rules with Nathan’s and my pig out movie nights is that we can’t have our phones it ruins the bonding time) as I picked it up I saw that I had 5 missed messages; all from Luke. A smile grew on my face; I loved that he thought about me, I loved that he wanted and needed my attention. How’s movie night. Second text: What movie are you watching? Third text: I miss you, May. Fourth text: I realize you aren’t going to answer my texts tonight so goodnight.  Fifth text that I received like 10 minutes ago: Good morning Beautiful, I want to hang out with you today! Can we please?  I smiled as I looked at his text I wanted to hear his morning voice so I called him.

“Hello?” He answered the call with this amazingly sexy voice that sent shivers down my spine all the way to my toes.

“Hey baby.” I said sweetly. “I saw your text but I just wanted to call you.” I said honestly as I sat down on my bed.

“Did you know that your voice is really…umm….appealing in the morning?” He said hesitantly. I giggled knowing exactly what he meant because I get the same feeling about his voice.

“No I didn’t, but so is yours.” I said laying down on my bed, getting a chill.

“You cold?” He asked like he sensed my Goosebumps…weird.

“A little…you wanna come over and cuddle?” I laughed but still being half serious. I don’t think it would fly with Paul and Olivia though. I thought.

“I would but I have this feeling you would get yelled at.” He did a small laugh almost like a breath out of his nose.

“Is anyone at your house right now?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Yeah my mom is next door but my dad left really early this morning.”

“Oh. Well what do you want to do today?” I asked trying to change subjects.

“Wanna go over to the park past the bar? The one with the waterfall?” Luke asked his voice slowly going to normal again.

“Sure. When?” I asked.

“Like a half an hour?” He said but more in an asking tone.

“I’ll ask, hold on a sec.” I said getting up and muting the phone so that Luke couldn’t hear anything that was being said. “Can I hang out with Luke today? In like a half an hour? We will come back later and hang out with Nathan.” I asked after I quietly knocked and opened the door of their bedroom. Paul flipped over from sleeping on his stomach.

“I don’t care.” He groaned and crawled up next to Olivia and closed his eyes again. I smiled as I turned on my heal, closed their door, walked back to my room, and unmuted my phone.

“All right, they said it was fine. Could you be here in like fifteen minutes though? I don’t think I have to shower because I showered at your place yesterday night.” I don’t understand why I added in all those extra details like May What the Hell?

“Sure babe. I’ll see you in ten.” He said and I laughed because we just kept making the time shorter.

“Yep I’ll see you in five.” I said smiling.

“Alright bye.” He said and I hung up. I changed into some comfortable jeans and a baggy t-shirt. I slipped a baggy sweatshirt on over it. I brushed out my hair, put some D.O. on, put some perfume on, brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth.