II. School

"May, let's go!!" My brother yelled from the top of the stairs. Since we moved in with my dad's at the time was girlfriend but, now she is his fiancé all of our bedrooms down stairs. Her kids' bedrooms are upstairs along with my dad's and her room.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled up the steps as I grabbed my wallet off my floor and locked my door. Yep that's right I have to lock my door before I can go anywhere. Why? Because my dad's fiancé's kid steals. He already stole thirty bucks from me and money from my dad's fiancés brother not to mention gas from a neighbor, money from my dad and his mom, game systems from my brother and an iPod of mine (that barely worked but he still did it). Now all the doors have locks except his little sisters and his. I think he has stolen from his little sister too but I don't think she would understand the fact of locking her door.  

I walked up the steps and my brother turned and flied out the door. He was the oldest so he drove. Beside Brittney isn't the best driver in the world yet. I quickly slipped my shoes on and ran out the door. I slid in the back seat of the car well, I tried to at least, if my brother knew how to keep his shit to one side of the car!

I sat in the back seat because my sister and I had this deal where on the ride to school she got the front and the ride home I got front. We lived pretty far away from school so it was like a 20 minute drive. Now I bet you're confused on why we lived so far away from school yet still went to that school and not a closer one. Well we started at Pamela school district so we would like to finish there. We moved here because dad was "In love and stuff" and we were short on money and struggling, here it isn't that bad. 

Anyway I looked into the front seat and Brittney isn't even in the damn car. Why was Simon telling me to hurry up!? Sometimes! Simon backed up into our driveway; we didn't park in the driveway, well Simon didn't Dad and Shelly, my dad's fiancé, parked in the garage. But we did have another garage...Long story. I ran back inside and yelled "Brittney get your ass moving!"

"Well, someone is a bit bitchy today!" She said in a snotty voice.

"No I just like to get to school before the second bell rings." She slowly put her tooth brush down in the bathroom and I gave her a bitchy look and walked away. I waited in the kitchen until she came out and put her shoes on and I walked out to the car again. I got in and Simon spoke up.

"Is she coming?" He said in a tired voice. Simon didn't sleep much It was more staying up at night to play on his video games.

"Yea", I turned around to make sure. She was just closing the door. Finally!  She slowly made her way to the car. That's Brittney for ya taking her sweet time because well, she's selfish. She finally sat down in the car and slams the door shut. Simon takes off slamming me back into my seat.

He sharply turns out of the driveway and up the hill, then down the steep hill on our road, he, then, turns on to county U and doesn't stop until the stop sign and turns onto the highway. Simon pulls out his phone and starts playing Pokémon. Isn't 18 a little old to be playing Pokémon? Do you know how unsafe this is? Either it's him playing a game on his phone or falling asleep. Why can't he just drive? I turn to look out the window, we are just passing the field that's next to the little white church.

I think about what would happen if we got into a car crash. If a car came into our lane and drove us head on would Brittney die? Would Simon die? Would I die? And if both of them died and I was only left would I be able to handle living without them? These are my normal thoughts. This is constantly what I think about. We pass the first exit then the second and reach the third exit the one that took us into Pamela.