Chapter 13 Hug it out!

The sun was about to set as Nathan and I stepped outside. The breeze was steady as we started our stroll. We walked to the right of the house. The road was empty as we took our awkward, silent steps. Nathan finally began, "So I don't know where to start." He confessed as he kicked the rock on the road. I breathed out rather loudly.

"How about from the beginning..?" I advised as I looked further down the road. He sighed.

"I don't know where the beginning actually is. I just know that over time I have developed this crush for you and I don't know how to get over. I guess I was good at hiding it until I knew that you had a serious relationship with a guy. I got jealous I didn't know what to do I just went to check your text and got more and more angry then I texted him. Eventually when I was running this morning because I felt guilty for doing it he found me and yelled at me for texting him those things which I was confused on how he figured out that I messaged him that. And after that we ended up in a fight." He babbled. I didn't know what to say we just walked silently until Nathan broke the silence. "Are you going to say something?" He asked.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I mean I'm surprised you have a crush on me, you texted my boyfriend rude things, and you knew that I had a crush on you for years I mean I didn't hide it too well. I like Luke a lot and honestly I don't think me and you would ever work out. I mean yes we are great friends but Nathan what happens if we get together then break up in the end and stop being friends. I'd rather have a friendship then a relationship. You are my best guy friend. Probably the one that knows the most about my life well unless you forget." I took a breath after rambling. We kept walking down the street. The road just a little bit darker as the sun was almost unseen. Nathan sighed as he knew that I was totally rejecting him and telling him to find someone else. "I love having you as a best friend. It was better when it was a one sided crush on my side. Luke calls me beautiful and he makes me feel special and He makes me happy and he just makes me forget about my problems when I'm around him." I ranted as I fiddled with my fingers. I glanced over at Nathan's face and see hurt in his eyes. The guilt in my stomach rose as I noticed it.

"I understand I guess. I don't know why I didn't realize I had a crush on you earlier, but you do have a point it's not worth risking our friendship over a relationship. I'm Sorry I shouldn't have done what I did. Jealousy got the best of me." Nathan said as he kicked the ground trying to hit a rock but missed. I turned to Nathan and we stopped.

"Hug it out?" I smiled at him as I held out my arms, he copied me. We hugged. I quickly let go. "Want to try and convince Paul to bring us to a store and buy us junk food and watch some movies?" I asked Nathan and turned around to keep walking and saw Luke walking across the road. I got chills just at the site of him. I find him so adorable; not like little kid adorable, that'd be gross. Nathan stopped dead in his tracks. I guess he was still a little nervous and jealous around him.

"Shh...Sure...." Nathan stuttered as he started walking his way back to the house and I walked alongside him. I couldn't help but smile. I mean not in a mean way but hey my boyfriend made Nathan Jealous? Umm...it's little funny.

"Nathan you alright?" I asked.

"Mhm..." He said as he kept his head down and kicked some more rocks. I smiled; Luke spotted me as he walked and waved. I stopped when we kind of crossed paths.

"Nathan why don't you keep going and ask Paul about it ok?" I asked. I felt kind of rude because I was ditching him for my boyfriend for a little bit but hey he was MY boyfriend of course.

"Yeah." He said and his pace began to increase as he walked back into the house. I sort of giggled and turned to Luke who was standing in front of me and he gave me a weird look.

"Hey where you going?" I said and kind of stepped closer to him. He shrugged.

"Down to a park. I was bored."

"Awe. I would go with you but I promised Nathan a movie night." Luke stepped closer and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So you guys are good now?" He asked and brought our foreheads together.

"Mhm...M." My voice grew shaky.

"Nervous?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Always." I whispered. Luke closed the space in-between us; pressing his lips to mine. A shock went down my spine then down my legs. I pulled away, keeping our foreheads together.

"Just make sure Nathan knows that you are mine." He said as he backed away.

"Oh he knows." I said rather playfully. I started back ward walking back towards my home.

"Bye babe, have fun." He said. I smiled.

"Bye." I then turned around and kept walking to my house.

A/n

Well here is another update. I know some people were begging me to update. I think my other book is going to end fairly soon I'm not sure. I hope you guys like this update. It didn't really end with a cliff hanger like I usually do. I will try to update every week though because I have more readers. I need critism!! Like I want to know if I'm doing good or bad or if you don't like a part for some reason. People COMMENT!

Like

Vote

Comment.

~JAS