Chapter 15 Friends and Football?

I didn't like telling the story. I didn't want people hearing my back story, giving me their pity. That's not what I want. I want to be tough. I needed to be tough. Seeing my mom leave wasn't the part that killed me the most; seeing my dad cry for the one and only time I have seen him cry in my life. He called me into his room and he told me that my mom wasn't coming back and he cried. His face look like someone stabbed him in the heart, that his heart was shattered, that no amount of glue could put his heart back together; he was broken. It shattered my heart more to see him break so much. The memories kept flooding back as I was held in Luke's arms. I could feel his warm arms wrapped around me from behind. He held me while I stopped crying. I starred at the waterfall watching the water fall down creating a loud noise. Luke's head rested on my shoulder. "Thank you for sharing your story with me." He whispered as he rocked me back and forth, soothingly. I closed my eyes enjoying his warm arms. I wanted it to be like this always; I want his strong warm arms around me holding me while I cry. I loved it. I stopped crying, wiped away my tears, and turned around still having his arms around me. I sniffled. I looked into his beautiful eyes. His lips twitched like he wanted to say something.

"What?" I asked him with curiosity building up in me.

"You really want to know?" He asked a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. I nodded. "Your face is adorable when it's all puffy." He smiled and I laughed. His hand lifted to my face cupping my cheek. "There it is that famous smile that I know and love." We fell silent, looking into each other's eyes and every couple of seconds flickering down to each other's lips. Luke tilted his head to the side and slowly inched closer to mine. I close the gap becoming impatient. I wanted his warm lips against mine. Our lips moved in sync. Luke deepening the kiss, I leaned slightly back, and Luke quickly grabbed my back, keeping me close to him. I could feel his hand slip down to my bum area and I squealed. I proceeded to bring my arm around my back and moved his hand up, still keeping our lips together. I laughed as he trickled his fingers down my back, tickling me slightly, sending shocks through my body. I pulled away and pressed my forehead against his. We stayed like that for a while not saying anything.

I realized I was falling for Luke Ray. I smiled at the thought looking into his eyes. I can see it in his eyes too. I brought my lips back to his but this time it was different, more passion. I wasn't quite ready to tell him out loud but I showed my passion. I pulled away this time pulling my face about 6 inches from his. I looked away from his eyes and spun around in his arms. I looked at the waterfall. It looked so beautiful; the bright blue water hitting the water at the bottom as it fell.

Luke stood up, pulling me closer to him. He rested his head on my shoulder like before. He whispered in my ear, "The sun shines bright, but your smile shines brighter, you are, my little fighter." I smiled, leaning into him.
"Where did you hear that quote from?" I smiled slightly turning my head back.
"Nowhere." I placed my hands on his hands that were resting on my stomach, fingers intertwined.
****

I could feel Luke's chest rising and falling as he slept. After our little talk at the waterfall we came back to Luke's house and cuddled up in his bed and watched some TV. We both fell asleep though. I made circles on his chest. He slowly woke up. A smile grew on his face. "Hey, I guess we ended up cuddling anyway." His sexy voice filled the room. I felt a shiver go through my body. I loved it. I closed my eyes at the relaxing, sexy sound.

"Mm, maybe you should talk some more." I said as I kept making circles on his chest.

"Do you like my groggy, tired voice?" He asked playfully. I nodded against his chest. I made another circle going lower as I did it, this time I saw Goosebumps rise on his stomach. I giggle. "That gave me chills" He laughed and grabbed my hand that was tracing circles. He intertwined our fingers. I tilted my head up at his face. He looked me in the eyes while he did this becoming serious. "Let's do nothing today. Just hang out here." He said as he looked into my eyes playing with my fingers. I nodded.