Chapter 9 Complications

We watched two movies and we were half way through the third one then I started getting tired. I was sitting on the couch next to Luke and Nathan was sitting on the recliner. I was covered up with a blanket when I finally gave in to my eyes closing and curled my legs up closer to my stomach and I leaned on Luke's chest taking in his scent. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder and my back. His lips pressed to the top of my head and my eyes fluttered shut. 

***

I woke up to Luke trying to move without waking me up. "Babe what are you doing?" I asked still half asleep.

"I got to go now." He whispered. I leaned off of him and watched him stand up. I stood up too. 

"I'll walk you to your car. Where's Nathan?" I asked looking over to the recliner and he wasn't there.

"I guess he had to take a poop." He shrugged and I laughed.

"That happens" Then Luke grabbed my hand and we walked out the back door and to his truck. I leaned against Luke's truck and Luke stepped closer to me. I slid my arms around his stomach. "Thanks for coming over."

"Thanks for inviting me, but I'm getting this vibe from Nathan that he doesn't like me very much." I smiled. 

"Don't worry about him. He'll get over it." I said keeping the smile on my face.

"I just hope he doesn't take you from me." He said and I could tell there was worry in his voice but he covered it up with a laugh.

"He isn't interested. Besides I like you way more." I said and laughed.

"Hey May, I was wondering. Can I ask you a question?" Luke said. His look made me worry.

"Yeah, anything." I said and looked into his eyes.

"Well I was wondering would you be my girlfriend." I smiled.

"Really?" I said trying not to let him hear the surprise in my voice. Luke nodded. "Yes. I would love to be your girlfriend." I said smiling. Luke smiled and chuckled lightly. He leaned in and placed his lips to mine. Our lips fit perfectly together. I could feel the electricity go through us when we connected. I felt his tongue run across my lip and I opened my lips a little more to give him access and he slid his hand up around my waist and one cupped my cheek. I moved my hands around his head. We kissed for what felt like forever but a good forever. I saw the porch light flicker on. It must be Paul or Nathan. I pulled away and smiled a little out of breath.

"Wow. Maybe I should ask you to be my girlfriend more often." He said jokingly I laughed. 

"I have to go before I get yelled at." I said and pulled my hands away from his body. Then I changed my mind and slid my arms back around his stomach and hugged him. His arms slid across my back. I pulled away remembering mine and Nathan's conversation last year about guy hugs. I smiled and looked into Luke's eyes. 

"What?"

"Nathan was right."

"What do you mean?" 

"Last year we were talking, and I have to tell you, I don't like guy hugs they creep me out, but anyway I was talking to Nathan and I asked him 'if I don't like guy hugs what am I gonna do when I have a boyfriend?' and Nathan replied 'you will appreciate your boyfriends hugs more that's all.' He was right." I say. Luke pulls me in for another hug. We hug for thirty seconds and pull away. 

"Want to hang out tomorrow?" Luke asks looking down at me. I love that he is taller than me it makes us a cuter couple. I smile.

"Can we have a third wheel?"