Chapter 7 Dates and Awkward Conversations

Tuesday

I woke up to a dog licking my face. "Stop Jake!" I heard laughing coming from the hallway. "Can you make him stop please?" I peaked my eye open to see Olivia pulling the dog away from my face. "Thanks."

"It's probably because your phone has been going off all morning."

"What time is it?" I asked in a groggy voice sitting up in my bed.

"Around ten." Olivia said shrugging her shoulders. I leaned over to my nightstand on the other side of my bed. I groaned as I leaned over. I picked up my phone to find 5 messages and 2 missed phone calls. "Paul is making pancakes for us!" Olivia exclaimed as she waved her hands around like a little kid would.

"Awesome. I can tell you don't get pancakes very much." I laughed.

"Nope. Well come down soon they should be ready soon." I nodded and she walked away. I starred at my phone. I clicked through and went to the missed calls. One was from my grandma and the other was from Sapphire. I then went to messages. Three from Luke. I clicked on them first. 'Good Morning Beautiful.' was the first one. 'I had a wonderful time last night.' was the second one. 'This is May right?' was the third one. I laughed and quickly typed up a text to him. Good morning Luke .I had a good time last night also and yes this is May. Sorry I was sleeping. I sent it and went on to the other messages. There was one from Nathan asking how I was and the other was from Sapphire 'I just wanted to know how you were and everything.' I opened a reply back to her right away knowing she was probably worried. Hey sapphire I'm fine I was just sleeping. You of all people should know I sleep till like 10.
I put down my phone and grabbed my bra and slipped off my shirt. I put a bra on and slipped back my pajama shirt on, too lazy to get dressed. I got off my bed, grabbed my phone and IPod and patted my way down the steps to the kitchen. As I entered the kitchen I saw Paul at the stove flipping a pancake and Olivia waiting impatiently next to him with a plate in one hand and a fork in the other so weird. I laughed to myself and sat at the table next to a plate I assumed was for me and opened up the messages again and went to Nathan who I didn't text back before. Hey I'm good, a lot has happened in the past week but I'm glad I get to see you soon. How are you doing? I put my phone down but it started vibrating instantly. Olivia sat down by me and started chewing on her pancake. "Someone is popular today." She said raising an eyebrow and taking a glance at my phone.

"Nathan is pretty excited to come over." I said looking at her, I already talked to them the first day I moved in about Nathan and they were fine with it as long as he behaved himself and pitched in here and there. "And well Sapphire was just seeing how I was doing and Luke just texted me." She raised her eyebrows seductively. I nudged her. "Stop that." I said laughing.

"You guys seemed to really hit it off last night." Paul said still focusing on his pancakes.

"I guess. I mean if you didn't leave when I was talking about it you would know." I said jokingly but still meaning it.

"Well I could tell by your blushing face when you came it that you guys hit it off." He said turning around with the spatula in hand and a pancake resting on top. I put my head down a little and blushed some more. I finally grabbed my phone to check it. Nathan: 'That's good. I hope its all good things that have been happening. I am really looking forward to next week.' At that I put my phone down and started buttering the pancake Paul slapped on my plate.

"These are really good Hun." Olivia said with her mouth full.

"Thanks." Paul said pouring some more batter into the buttered pan. My phone started vibrating again.

"Sorry guys." I said feeling rude for texting at the table. I picked my phone up and put it on silent until I was done eating.

"It's fine." Paul said. "Your friends just care about you we understand." He sat down at the table with a big plate full of pancakes.