Twenty-Two

Lily had freckles. Everyone knew this. It was what you expected from a redhead with pale skin. Freckles covered her arms and legs and face.

James had freckles too. Nearly no one knew this. Only a few people, who had been really close to his face. Those people included his parents, the marauders and Lily. They were fainted, not as bold as Lily's and definitely not as many.

Twenty-two. Twenty-two freckles. Lily had counted them all. Kissing each one as she went. They were mostly on his cheeks and nose but there was always one or two stray ones. One right next to his mouth, one of his temple. He even had one on the tip of his nose. That one was Lily's favourite. James had sworn that the nose freckle wasn't always there and first showed when Lily's nose touched his. They laughed about Lily's freckles being contagious.

"James," Lily groaned falling on the couch he was sitting on, "I'm bored!"

"And how can I help you? I'm studying Lils. I'm actually studying" James smiled.

"You? James Potter is studying?! I can't believe my ears and eyes, they must be deceiving me," James rolled his eyes while Lily giggled, "Anyways. I was wondering if I could count your freckles"

"Again?"

"You know how much I love counting them!"

"Okay fine" James grinned as Lily sat up and faced him. He threw his homework to the table.
"I swear one day I will count all of your freckles"

"We would be there for hours"

"Well I wouldn't dwell on them as long as you do for mine"

"That's because you only have twenty-two whereas I have millions upon millions"

"If I counted them you would no longer have to exaggerate the number"

"Okay fine" Lily giggled and began counting them.