Can't Say Anything

"Just take it! I don't like to feel embarrassed" Lily shoved a wrapped present in front of James.

"Why would you feel embarrassed?" James asked.

"Well because I got you something for Christmas. You be like 'oh I love it!' And 'thank you so much!' And I never know what to do in those positions. It's awkward and weird"

"Well I got you something too"

"Now what do I say when you give me a gift? See somehow receiving gifts is worse"

"You are quite strange Lily. But let's say this; we give each other our gifts and we don't say thank you for them. Leave the awkwardness out of it" James suggested.

"I would like that... I would like that a lot" Lily smiled warmly.

"Okay I'll give you mine" James slid multiply wrapped items across the table.

"James you didn't have to get me anything!" Lily gushed.

"Bub Bub Bub Bub Bub... we agreed not to say anything" James smiled. Lily nodded.

She picked up the smallest gift first, wrapped in magical wrapping paper. Not that different from muggle wrapping paper but the character pictures or designs move. James had chosen butterbeer wrapping paper that empties and refills itself. Lily slid her fingers under the sello-tape. The paper unfolded itself to reveal a donut. Lily looked at James curiously. Unexpectedly the donut started floating in the air.

"It's for that time you yelled out 'what else would it be? A flying donut' in Quidditch. You probably couldn't see me but I laughed more then I should have. Okay, open the next one" James started to blush as if embarrassed about his presents. There were two wrapped items left.

Lily picked one up. It was a square-shaped box feeling item. She opened the paper and there revealed on the front of the box was a picture of binoculars.

"Binoculars?" Lily asked him.

"So you can look at me really close up" James joked.

"Oh haha"

"You won't find it funny when you desperately need to look at him or my abs close up". Lily had started to flush red.

"Likes that's ever going to happen" She chuckled before moving onto the last item. Books. She didn't even need to size it up. She instantly knew they were books. Finally, Lily picked them up and opened them.

"Books" A smile reached her lips.
"Oh! I've been wanting these!"

"Marlene told me that" James grinned.

"I would say thank you but I can not due to our agreement. So I can only ask if you want to open your presents now?"

"I most certainly do"

Lily gave him multiply items wrapped in Quidditch wrapping paper, brooms, quaffles and snitches flying all over the paper.

"Quidditch" he grinned at Lily. He took one present and tore it open, disregarding the wrapping paper he had admired merely a few seconds ago.

"How to tie your tie" James read from his newly given book.

"That way we will never be late for Potions again" Lily teased.

"You didn't seem to mind tying it for me". Lily blushed at his words recalling the memory of standing so close to him.

"Well I can't do that every morning"

"So you admit you would do it again?" James glared into her eyes.

"Just open your next one" Lily hurriedly wanted his attention to shift from her to something else.
James ripped it open revealing another book, a box and gloves.

"NO WAY EVANS! YOU DIDN'T" James jumped as he saw his presents. Lily grinned.

"The new gloves. I did" Lily winked at him.

"Oh Merlin I wish I could thank you right now. They are amazing! Top of the line!" James gushed over his new gloves.

"There's also a guide to take care of your broom and the toolbox to do so" Lily pointed out.

"Merlin Lily. I wish I could say something but I can't. But if I could say something it would be the biggest and most sincere thanks I have ever said to anyone" James grinned.

"Well, it's such a pity you can't say it. If we were allowed I would say that these presents are wonderful and mean a great deal to me. I will cherish them forever and especially enjoy these books you have bought for me" Lily winked at him.

"Yes a pity we can't say anything"

Okay, what the actual f-
How is this story ranked FIRST in Jily?!?!?!?!?!?!
Thank you to every single person reading this! It means sooooooo much to me. You guys are amazing <3