Amortentia

"Potter! Hurry up! We're so late!" Lily stressed.

"Don't worry Evans, it'll be fine" James replied.

"We've missed the start of potions!"

"I'm ready! I'm ready!" James walked towards the stressed Lily.

"Your tie" Lily pointed out.

"Oh rats"

"I'll do it so you don't have to put everything down"

Lily stepped closer to James who smirked down at her. She grabbed the tie and tied it.

"Okay done" Lily said.

"Well if you're done, why aren't you stepping back?" James asked. Lily blushed and instantly stepped back.

"We're late"

***

"Ms. Evans and Mr. Potter. You're late" Slughorn said.

"I'm sorry Sir, Lily and I were studying and I lost track of time. It's my fault Sir" James lied. Lily looked at him. He was taking the blame.

"Just don't let it happen again. Page 274 of your textbook". Slughorn returned to the lesson as Lily and James crept to a table in the back.

"Oh Prongsie, were you and Evans snogging?" Sirius asked leaning back in his chair.

"Nah, I just slept in and Evans kept trying to wake me up" James admitted.

"You are a heavy sleeper" Sirius nodded going back to his desk.

"We're going to make Amortentia. Potter, you get the ingredients and I'll get the equipment" Lily instructed.

"You're cute when you're bossy" James smirked.

"Go!"

***

"Well moment of truth. What do you smell?" Lily asked.

"Forbidden Forest, new quidditch jersey oh Merlin stand back Lily your perfume reeks" James chuckled.

"Oh haha, can I smell it now?"

"Go ahead"

Lily stepped forward and breathed in.

"A new book, smoky fire on a winter night, some natural tree smelling conditioner and geez Potter when did you last shower? You need to get rid of that cologne smell"

"I do not smell like my cologne! I don't bathe in it like you do with your perfume!"

"I didn't even put on perfume since we were running late!". Lily gasped. She wasn't wearing any perfume.

"And I didn't put any of my cologne on since I didn't have time"