Three Days

The knock at the wooden door was quickly answered. James had been waiting three days for her to arrive.
James was beyond himself when Lily had accepted his invitation. Christmas holidays with Lily Evans, he had only dreamed of such things.
The door swung open to reveal who James had excitedly been waiting for. Lily Evans

"Lily, welcome" He smiled at her as she trudged inside carrying bags.
"MUM! DAD! LILY IS HERE"

"Nice to see you again James" Lily smiled at him.

"Only been three days Lils"

"So of course he has been talking non stop about you and repeatedly checking that everything is perfect" Sirius popped up behind James, slinging his arm around him.

"Oh sod off" James waved him away as Lily giggled.

"Nice to see you too Sirius"

"Now go back to Marlene, she's probably begging for you to come back to bed" James teased.

"Oi you prat" Sirius shoved him away.

A woman looking about late 30s or early 40s burst through one of the doors looking rather disheveled. Flour was everywhere. On her flushed cheeks, her apron, her hands. Some even made its way to the front of her hairline.

"Uh Mum this is Lily" James directed the woman towards Lily.

"Lily! It's so nice to meet you finally!" The woman smiled warmly at her.

"And you too Mrs Potter. It's nice to see who's behind the 'famous' James Potter" Lily grinned.

"Please, call me Euphemia. Mrs Potter makes me sound so old" She chuckled.

"Okay, Euphemia"

"Oh, it's such a pleasure meeting you. James has talked a lot about you. You should have heard the stories he told about you when he was younger"

Lily raised an eyebrow at James who had rosy cheeks.

"Uh mum, I don't think Lily wants to hear about this".
James Potter embarrassed, well this is a sight to see. Lily chuckled.

"No, please continue Euphemia. I would love to hear what James said about me" Lily wickedly grinned

"Oh, he spent hours talking about you every time he came home" Euphemia started. James prayed there was a way out of this embarrassing situation. And suddenly in the clouds of embarrassment and awkwardness, his prayer was answered. PING.

"Oh, that's the oven with lunch in it. Lily we will have to continue this conversation later. James show Lily to her room and lunch will be ready in about 30 minutes" Euphemia smiled goodbye and strolled in the direction where the timer had pinged.

"Don't say anythi-"

"James has talked a lot about you" Lily giggled.

"Evans please"

"He spent hours talking about you every time he came home"

"Oh sod off"

"The stories he told when he younger" Lily mercilessly teased him, as he trudged off to show her the room she was staying in.