Trust Me

"James I am! I know I am!"

"Lils, trust me. You're not going to fall"

"No trust me, I'm going to fall"

"Lils" James sighed, glancing at the grassy floor. She looked at him with a sense of guilt. She had to trust him, she knew he wasn't going to let anything bad happen to her.

"Okay" Lily whispered. He looked back up to her, wearing that lopsided grin.

"So we're just going to fly around", James summoned his broom, "But for that to happen, you have to get on the broom". Lily poked her tongue out at his snide comment.
"So you just have to-" James lead Lily's hand to the broom before helping her to sit on it. Lily made herself as comfortable as one can on a broom.
"And I'm just going to-" James swung a leg around and hopped on the broom. Lily wobbled at this movement but was steadied by his hand on her hip.
"You good?"

"Yep" She stated shortly.

"Okay, good" James wrapped his arms around Lily, holding the broom. She leant her small frame back into his massive one. The smell of his cologne and Forbidden Forest instantly embracing her nose. His warmth engulfed her. His breath against her skin causing goosebumps.
"I'm just going to kick off" His voice snapped her out of her trance and she gripped the broom.

And so James kicked off from the ground, controlling the broom to hover a few feet in the air. Lily screamed and clutched tighter, her knuckles turning white.

"Lily it's okay" James chuckled.

"I'M GOING TO DIE! I'M GOING TO DIE TODAY! TELL MY MOTHER I DIED BRAVELY" She screamed, her knuckles turning white.

"Lils, you're fine" James reassured her.

"I AM GOING TO BLOODY DIE"

"Lily" James spoke, but before she could respond he took one hand off the broom and curled it around her waist.
"I've got a hold of you. You're going to be fine"

She nodded slowly, breathing in and out.

"Do you want me to continue?"
She nodded again.
"I need you to say it"

Silence grew as Lily considered her decision.

"Yes. I trust you" Lily responded.