Staff Meeting

I saw this on Pinterest so this isn't original but of course I made some slight changes. It's set before seventh year.

"This meeting is to decide who will be Head girl and Head boy for next year. If you have a recommendation please say it and after all recommendations we will vote" McGonagall instructed. Dumbledore gazed out the window, he seemed more interest looking outside then the staff meeting.

"Well I don't think we need to vote on Head Girl. Lily Evans is the perfect choice" Slughorn spoke up. Murmurs if agreement rose from the other professors.

"Dumbledore, do you agree?" McGonagall asked the headmaster, who still peered our the window.

"Yes, Lily Evans will make a fine choice" Dumbledore agreed.

"Now, does anyone have any recommendation for Head Boy?" McGonagall asked.

"Well Remus wou-" one of the professors began.

"James Potter" Dumbledore bellowed. A blanket of silence quickly fell over the meeting. Only to be disappeared when McGonagall spoke up.

"James Potter? Dumbledore, forgive me but have you gone insane?" McGonagall questioned him, raising her eyebrows.

"Trust me. James Potter will be a mighty choice" Dumbledore winked, before returning his gaze to the window. The other professors wondered what he was looking at and scurried to the window.
Down by the lake Lily Evans was dripping wet, head to toe. She was also chasing James Potter, holding her fists and yelling some rather foul language. But even from afar, Dumbledore could not miss the smile she was trying to suppress.

"So it's agreed? James Potter as Head Boy and Lily Evans as Head Girl?" Dumbledore asked. The professors returned to the table and nodded.

***

"Give it until Christmas" Dumbledore spoke.

"You think they would be dating before Christmas? Oh I'll take that action. I say, after Christmas" McGonagall challenged him.

"Ten galleons?" Dumbledore asked.

"Twenty" McGonagall grinned, holding her hand out to Dumbledore. He gladly shook it.