14. Patience, My Dear

A/N//: PLEASE READ. Yet another one of my legendary author's notes. Throughout the chapter, there will be little *asterisks*. Those are to tell you that there is a picture at the end of the chapter for you to look at. They won't be anything lewd. They're just pictures of equipment used in BDSM that Christopher and Amelia will specifically be using throughout the chapter. If you have any trouble at all with what I am describing, scroll to the end, and you will see the pictures.

"Now, as you have probably come to realize, the Academy houses more than just students looking to learn the art of BDSM, but," Lady Strickland said, "it is also a safe haven for people to practice the lifestyle free of judgment. Classes here are optional. It is likely that you are in them because either you or your Dominant wanted you in them..."

Amelia was starting to tune out part of Lady Strickland's lecture. It was just a lot of history of the Academy that Amelia hadn't cared to hear about. Christopher had told her many of these things on their walks around the campus. It was probably best if he didn't tell her anything about the Academy because it really defeated the purpose of her classes, but then again, Lady Strickland had a voice that droned on and on. She was monotone and boring. She'd rather be with Christopher than sitting in the uncomfortable desk, listening to her lecture.

She picked at the fabric of the outfit Christopher had decided for her. He had chosen something quite ironic to her past. He had picked out a tutu and a tight-fitting, corsetted leotard. In addition, he had given her a pair of sheer tights and little black ballet slippers. Ironically, he had turned her into a ballerina. What made it all ironic was her history with dance, specifically ballet. While she was in high school, Amelia had danced ballet. That was until her life had gone to hell in the middle of the school year. She hadn't danced at all over the summer because of the open court case. She had stayed home all summer, and when she had received her sentence of banishment to the Academy, all of her hobbies had gone out the window. She hadn't thought about a single once since arriving because her mind had been a little more than occupied. Wearing a tutu and leotard, while not at all comfortable to dance in, left her nostalgic for simpler times.

And upon finding out that she used to be a dancer, Christopher had told her that he had some plans for the afternoon when she got out of classes. He hadn't realized she was as flexible as she was, but then again, he had never asked or tried to test her flexibility yet. Her time at the Academy thus far had been spent getting her used to sexual acts in general. She wasn't even sure if she was flexible anymore. It had been so long since she had tried to get into the splits.

"I don't see how the fabric of your skirt could possibly be more interesting than the festival, Amelia," Lady Strickland suddenly called out. Amelia's eyes shot up to the woman. She'd been caught daydreaming. Fuck. "I'll be speaking with your Dominant after class."

Amelia let out a sigh. Christopher wouldn't be happy to hear that she wasn't paying attention in class yet again. It was the third time that week and it was only Tuesday. She was beginning to believe that Lady Strickland had a personal vendetta against her. Then again, her thoughts had been wandering quite a bit that week.

She made an attempt to focus on the rest of the lecture, which turned out to discuss the upcoming Halloween festival that the Academy hosted yearly.

"The Harvest Festival is different than any other. We don't harvest crops and food. Rather, we harvest the fruits of your labor as Dominant-submissive pairings," Lady Strickland said as she paced in front of the group of students. "One of the assignments for this class is to participate in the Festival. You will specifically participate in our founder's favorite event. You and your Dominants will each create a scene according to a preselected theme to perform in front of the other Dominants and submissives. As the Festival is a two-day event that spans across Halloween, you will each get the chance to perform your scene."