1. Him

Amelia stood outside of the looming structure that was the Academy of Submission, her gray eyes following the rental car that held her parents. There were no teary-eyed goodbyes from either of her parents. They had been stone-faced around their daughter since they had told her where she was going for the next year. They had left her outside of the school without a word. She had only two words for them. Screw you.

A large suitcase stood beside her. It was full of her clothes that she had managed to snag out of her room before she had left the house that morning. She assumed nothing good would come of them, not since she had read the pamphlet that described the school. Your dominant will choose your attire day in and day out. She assumed whoever took possession of her would not appreciate her bright, floral dresses.

Amelia rolled the suitcase behind her as she made her way down the cobblestone path to the main doors of the building. The structure was once an old castle in the middle of the country in the UK. She had no idea exactly where it was, and she wasn't allowed to know, either. Confidentiality was major in the location of the school. Amelia didn't care, though. She had stopped caring the moment she set foot into the light drizzle. As she drew nearer, the doors opened and a severe-looking woman stepped out. Amelia recognized from the pamphlet as the Headmistress of the school. She didn't know her name, and she didn't care to either. The girl approached her warily, her blue eyes narrowed.

"Hello, and welcome to the Academy of Submission. I am Headmistress Spires. You must be Amelia Grayson," she said in a cool, accented voice.

Amelia nodded. "Yes, I am."

"We are very glad to have you at our Academy. I will get you settled immediately if you would just follow me."

She nodded once more and mounted the stairs, her suitcase in tow. She assumed this was the last time she'd be outside for a long, long while. Before she stepped into the threshold of the building, she took one last, longing look at the outside. This was goodbye, for now. The halls were dark and lit by candles. There was no warmth to them. The headmistress led her down a few halls until they came to a door. It had her name on the pane of glass at the center.

"Come in, dear," she said. Amelia stepped passed the door into a normal-looking office. Headmaster Spires too a seat behind her desk and she sat across from her. For the first time, Amelia took a good look at her. Her features were angular and severe. Her hair was a graying blonde. She had it pulled back into a tight bun. Her eyes were a cold grey. She did not wear a normal pantsuit. Hers was made of matte black leather. "I know your parents signed most of the paperwork, but in order for this to be official, you must sign the school's contract. I'm assuming your dominant to be will have a contract for you to sign as well. What we want you to understand is that this isn't to harm you. It is to build trust and respect between two people."

Amelia raised a single, well-tailored brow. "And you do that by cutting all communication to the outside world?"

"We can't have our procedures being leaked to the entire world. You will also be required to sign an NDA, a non-disclosure agreement. Now, if you do not decide to sign the documents, then I understand. We will arrange for you to return home, but your parents have informed me that if you should choose that, then you will be turned out." The headmistress pulled a few documents and laid them in front of Amelia along with a pen.

The girl picked up the pen slowly. What did she have to lose? Her virginity? She would have lost it soon anyways. Her freedom? Her parents would have taken that by shoving her onto the streets. At least here she had a place to stay. Amelia glanced over the documents without taking much care to read the fine print. She then signed her name on any of the lines that required her to. It felt like she was signing away her soul. She laid the pen back down on the desk and sat back in her chair. The deal was done. She officially belonged to this school until the day she graduated a year from now.