Chapter 5- Apology accepted

Start from the beginning

It was confidence day ...or maybe overconfidence.

The class continued as usual, and I was not a titbit sad about the fact that I embarrassed myself in front of many people.

I went home with a funny moment in my head to share with my Mom.

It's childish to share such tiny details of your life with your Mom, but it's fun too.

"Mum, I am home," I announced my arrival to the house.

I carelessly removed my shoes using the tip of the other one and did the same for the other with my toes.

I could hear faint noises from the living room, and so I peeped inside from the small opening only to find that my mother was lying on the ground, she was injured.

I knew that it was my dad who had hit my mother, so I smashed the door open and ran to her. I hugged her so tight and begged, "dad, please don't hurt her!"

He was big, and he had strength, he pulled the backpack off my shoulder and threw it on one side, then picked me to my feet by my collar

"ahh! Dad let me go. "I struggled, but it was useless.

He was dragging me to the kitchen where there was some shattered glass lying on the floor, and the washbasin tap was still running water at full speed.

"Ahh!!!"

My feet were placed right on top of the glass. It hurt so. So. So much.

I took support on the counter, and in my struggle to relieve the pain, an empty mug slipped off the table and..... shattered.

Silence.

My sight went to meet my dad's. He hated it when anything broke.

I did not know what to do. I was so terrified. My heart was out of control.
I was out of control.

I looked at my hands; they are shivering. Everything is a disaster. I hate everything.

"Ah!" A monstrous hand grabbed my hair and pulled me towards itself.

"I. have. told. you. so. many. times. not. to. break. anything."

I was horrified. Nothing. Nothing like this had ever happened

Ding dong

I jumped at the noise and my hair was pulled with even more force. It felt like my nails were being pulled out. Torture.

My dad. Can I call him that? No, he was a monster which, I could do nothing about.

He straightened himself and went to answer the door.

I could not cry. I cannot let myself weaken.

"Oh my god, Ida!" I looked up to see Engine's frightened face.

"How can you be so clumsy!" she rushed to help me and examine the wounds on my feet.

"Wait, I'll call a doctor."

×××

In no time, the doctor was here, and she treated my wounds. I wonder what that monster had told Engine.

I hadn't seen my mother yet. I wonder what happened to her and where she was?

But my head was too full to think of anything, so I shut my eyes.

'Hmm,' my throat felt dry. I was thirsty.

I opened my eyes. The room was dark, but the moonlight made it a little easier.