HIS 28

Max POV

I held Lara's note to my chest, it had been 2 days and she wasn't back. I hadn't even got a call, but I wasn't going to freak, I can feel her, so I know she isn't in danger. I have always underestimated Lara, but could you blame me? Months ago I would raise my hand and she would flinch. She couldn't even speak a sentence without stuttering. I know its wrong to hold onto the past, but Lara has been my little angel. I couldn't lose her. As soon I met her, my life changed. My instincts to protect her kicked in instantly, she was my life now. And she's in the hands of a ruthless man who murdered his own mate. I know she is strong, I know she is powerful. But sadly that doubt is always in my mind.

The house felt empty when she wasn't here. She always had this warm the surrounding her, she would walk into the room and you would feel her presence. Marcus had been cooped up in his office too guilty too leave. Which he should, why offer your daughter up? Why? If it was my family I would do everything in my power too make sure they were safe. Not give them up to a man who is love sick over a women who isn't his. I had to get out of this house, for a walk, a run I don't know but some fresh air would be nice. 

I walked down to the kitchen, Cat and Ben sat there all in love land, and I couldn't found happiness for them. He was feeding The Alpha information on my Lara. Cat looked at me, she could feel my anger toward him; he could too.

"I'm going for a walk, I'll be back later."

"Max wait I'll come." Cat got off her seat,

"No its fine, I need to be alone for now."

"Are you sure Max I really don't mind."

"No stay here with your mate" My words were filled with venom toward that man. Her gaze lowered,

"There was no need for that." She shoved past me, making her way up to her room.

"Listen max.."

"No you listen Ben, if my mate comes back to this house with one hair touched on her head I'll kill you."  He gulped, my eyes had gone black, my wolf was taking over. He scurried out of the kitchen. I smirked at his fear, pathetic.  I went to the door, I walked out and went toward the woods.

I had been walking for a while, but it didn't feel enough to be okay without Lara here. I had come to a small pond. The water was murky and dirty, The rocks underneath were bedded to the floor. The water was shallow, unhappy looking almost. It had be dried out, I could see some wildlife underneath, surrounded by flourished plants. Wild flowers encircled around the pond, they stood tall and proud. When I was younger my father would take me to a lake, we would swim there for hours, my favourite thing was to stay under water for lengths of time. It was always so quiet, peaceful. Sometimes being in complete silence was good for me, my mind is always going 1000 miles, it never stops. I think of my future with Lara, the pack, my family. How to be a good man, I have always wanted to be a strong man, a man who is honoured not for only being an alpha, for being a good man. That's why I'm struggle with why Laras dad just left? Why leave your mate, your daughter on their own, knowing the danger of  the Alpha. I lost a lot of respect for him, when I discovered he was Lara's dad. I know what it did to her. And I don't think I could ever see past that.

"Help me." A faint cry called out to me, I looked to my left a woman and man lay together, blood all over them. The woman looked in her mid 40s, the man older. I walked over,

"What happened to you?"

"We were attacked by our pack, they banished us, and we don't know where to good, please help us." Her eyes watered, her lips trembling, I couldn't leave them here.

"Can you both walk?" The woman shook her head, the man stood and balanced himself. I lifted the lady, holding her bridal style. The man clung onto my shoulder holding me for support. We walked and walked, and finally the pack house was in view. I got to the stairs of the house, i called out

"Doc! Come quick."  I looked down at the woman,

"What is your name?"

"Adria."

Lara pov
It's crazy the way the world works, if my father would of accepted his mate I wouldn't of been born, I would of never met Max, but a women lost her life for my fathers selfishness. I would rather the women still be alive and happy then dead. Guilt filled me, I know it wasn't my fault, but family guilt runs through me. I take on all my families emotion, but I know my father didn't feel guilt, he felt victorious, he felt happy he got the woman he wanted. In my days of being here, I've realised Alec isn't a crazy psycho, The Alpha isn't a cruel man. He was just forever broken from not having his mate. Alec didn't know his mother, these men were experiencing real pain. And weirdly I wanted to take it all away from them. They had enduring pain.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket, I pulled it out and Max name spread on my screen. I answered,

"Hey, is everything okay?"

"Well we have two new guest, Adria and her mate Ethan."

"What happened to them?"

"They were banished from there pack, and were hurt so Doc is fixing them up at the moment." Before I could reply Julis (the alpha) snatched my phone out of my hand.

"Hey give it back." He shook his head, he then ended the call.

"What are you doing?" He face had gone pale, he sat down a confused look on his face.

"Alpha what is wrong?" I placed my hand on his shoulder, his hand grabbed onto mine.

"That women who turned up at your home isn't a random women."

"What are you talking about?"

"This doesn't make any sense, I don't understand." I sat down beside him, I grabbed his face turning it toward me.

"What is going on?"

"You're fathers mate."

"What about her, she's dead?"

"Impossible this can't be possible."

"Julis stop, what are you talking about?"

"You're fathers mate isn't dead." Suddenly it clicked in my head,

"What was her name?"

"Adria."

Just a short chapter today, hope you enjoyed. I am making a lot more effort with this book at the moment, when i finally finish it i will be going over it and edit it all as the start chapters are so cringe and I have to fix them. But for now i hope you enjoyed thank you xx

HIS.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें