"Are you trying to see if I'm single?" James laughed.

"Possibly"

"Well in that case, no I do not have a girlfriend. What about you Lily? Any boyfriend you want to tell me about?"

"Nah, no boyfriend. Just me living with some uni friends"

"What do you study?"

"Well I want to become a reporter"

"Reporter, that's cool"

"I guess. What are you studying or want to become?"

"Well actually-"

"Attention all passengers for the flight from New York to London. The flight has been canceled. You will get refunds and will be organized to go on the next flight which will be tomorrow. More details to come and we are sorry for the inconvenience"

"Well that's just great" Lily sighed.

"Absolutely amazing" James muttered. Lily glanced up at him, he ran his hand through his hair and even tired he looked good.

"Uh I guess I should find a hotel room or something," Lily started rummaging through her bag, she caught his eyes, full of hope, "bye James"

Lily turned around and started pulling her suitcase as she walked. Walked away from James.

"Wait, Lily!" His English voice called out. Quickly Lily turned around.

"Yeah?"

"You forgot this" James said, holding out her phone that she dropped when she bumped into him.

"Thanks, James" Lily smiled warmly at him.

"I was also wondering. If you wanted to... I don't know... find different rooms at the same hotel and meet for breakfast or something" James shuffled his feet and awkwardly looked down. Lily smiled at his shyness. He was so cute.

"I would love to James" Lily grinned and took her phone from him before realizing.
"Crap my phone!"

"Yeah you have it now"

"No, I was talking to one of my uni friends on it"
James didn't know whether to be embarrassed or guilty.

"So she might have heard all of that?"

"Yep" Lily gulped. Slowly she raised her phone to her ear.
"Marlene?" Lily asked, hoping Marlene had hung up.

"Lily! Don't you dare waste a moment talking to me and get a hotel room with that man! Okay, I don't know what he looks like but with his voice, he sounds like a ten. Don't miss your chance and get him, girl!"

Lily couldn't manage a single word about how James was a ten for their age and that they were getting different hotel rooms before Marlene hung up. Lily closed her eyes.

"She heard the entire thing"

"She did?"

"Yep"

"Did she say anything bad?"

"She said, don't miss your chance and get him girl" Lily opened her eyes as she felt her cheeks rising to a red. James was smirking like a fool.

"Well, I think she's wrong. With you, you have unlimited chances"

Lily blushed even more.

"So those hotel rooms?"

***

"Lily I'll be fine, I'll just sleep somewhere comfortable"

"You have to sleep in a suitable room!"

"Lily it's fine"

"No, you can have the bed!"

"Lily, you need the bed, I'll find somewhere else"

"I'm not letting you sleep in a dirty, lousy airport chair!"

"Care that much about me?" James joked. This seemed to lighten Lily up a bit as a smile played at the corner of her lips.

"We are sharing the bed and that is final"

"Lily, have you seen it? It won't fit my large body. You are sleeping in the bed"

"But where will you sleep?"

"I'll sleep on the floor if it makes you worry less"

"Well I suppose it does"

"Well then, problem fixed"
The silence grew as the two stole glances at each other while unpacking their bags. There was only a room left in the last available hotel. It had a single bed, closest and bathroom. That was all. No other bed or even couch. 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Okay that's it Evans"

"Oh, so it's Evans now?" Lily giggled. James walked over to her and picked her up, placing her over his shoulder.

"James! James! Let me go! James!" Lily shrieked, pounding on his back with fists.

"I am tucking you into bed. I will be fine Lils"

"Okay! I trust you! Let me go!!"

James grinned and placed Lily on the bed. He then pulled the sheets up to her.

"Better?"

"Much" Lily smiled. James returned it before turning off the light and making his way over to the floor. He had a pillow and a blanket they found in the closest. One last smile before turning over and pulling his own blanket over him. Lily watched him through the darkness, she could just make out the outline of his stomach which rose and fell. He looked so peaceful and calm. And handsome. But he always looked handsome.
Eventually, Lily climbed out of bed and made her way over to James.

"Lily are you okay?" James asked, facing her.

"If one of us doesn't get the bed, then none of us do" Lily stated before lying next to him. She didn't lie to face him but so he could only see her back.

"Lily-"

"No objections James"

"I wasn't going to object you sleeping next to me but only question it"

"I'm sure James"

"If you say so" James grinned. Slowly and boldly he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer so they were now spooning.

Barely audible but there, Lily heard the words whisper into her ear.
"I'm glad our flight got canceled"