|~43~|

"Colby." I say quietly. He's by my side in less than a second and the moment he grabs my hand, part of the pain flows into him instead. He winces but takes it for a few moments. Nowhere near all of the energy is inside of him but it's enough for me to be able to move again.

The girls run passed us into the boys' arms. They're all a little bit black and coughing, suffering from the fire, but they're not dead. At least I sort of saved the house too. But that wasn't part of Annalise and Tom's plan, which is evident when they jump down from the roof and land looking pissed. It's a mutual feeling.

"The orange eyes suit you, Lydia." Tom teases as he flicks a hand and a new fire appears surrounding him and his bitch girlfriend. My eyes flick to the girls, who're all still trying not to die from having smoke in their lungs and I feel some rage flow through me. How dare they.

My hand lifts but I don't take all of the fire this time

My hand lifts but I don't take all of the fire this time. I only take a little, which I use with the rest of the fire stored within me and I send it straight into Tom. He flies backwards into the gate screaming as he basically gets fried. Annalise screams some sort of no that I don't hear over the top of Tom until all of the fire is gone. He drops to the ground, hopefully dead, and Annalise just stares at him.

"Why do you ruin everything, Lydia? All I wanted was for you to join me but I knew you'd never do it because of your stupid little boyfriend. I allowed your witch to be awoken."

"By almost killing my best friend. Yeah, I remember that." I take a step towards Annalise but Colby gently pulls me back by my wrist. There's still a little ring of fire surrounding the vampire that only has a small entrance gap.

"Your friend didn't die. And that's because I woke up the witch." She pushes. I just want to kill her at this point and my entire body is almost shaking with anger. I wonder how strong my scent is for the vampires around me.

"All you wanted was Lydia?" Corey questions in disbelief as he just stares at Annalise. "Why didn't you just ask her to join you?"

"I told you. Colby would have never let her."

"You do realise that you made yourself an enemy, right? You wouldn't even be seen as evil like you are now." Jake reminds her. She seems slightly taken back by what he says. As if it's rocket science. I'm finally done with just standing here.

"But now I know you're bat shit crazy so I don't care anymore." Before Colby can stop me, I move into the ring of fire and shut it off behind me. Now it's just me and her in here. One of us is going to die and since I have so much more to hurt her than she does to hurt me, I have a feeling I know who it's gonna be.

"That was stupid." She growls at me. I tilt my head to the side and smile at her. She lunges at me but I just activate the vervaine around my neck and force her to stop her attack. She turns from the vervaine, squeezing her eyes shut. The bottom of my boot comes into contact with her chest, pushing her aggressively into the fire. She screams and scrambles to get out.