|~12~|

Colby Brock
Of course, right when my hunger is getting too much to handle, Tara invites Lydia over again. Not only does she smell like Lydia already when she enters the house, but something she has on her carries the scent strongly. It's takes me probably too long when I see her to realise that Lydia was wearing the same shoes last time, and they definitely stink of her. Stink is the wrong word. Because they don't smell bad at all. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I probably still have some time before Lydia arrives so I sit in the garage with everyone. I say everyone, I mean those who actually live in the house. It's not often that it's just us but it's nice, I guess. Less people for me to watch carefully in case of a sudden wrong move.

Sam and Katrina are eating each other's faces again and I notice that Corey is occasionally catching Devyn off guard with big, strong kisses that last way too long considering they have company. Then there's Jake and Tara snuggling. Pathetic. All of them. Getting a girl and doing something like that with her in front of their leader and fellow clan members is stupid. I know it's called PDA or something along those lines but honestly, ugh. I don't need to see two people 'in love'.

Eventually, Lydia's intoxicating scent flows in from the driveway. Unfortunately, it is kind of windy outside, which just makes her scent travel faster straight to me. I need some time before she comes in and thankfully, Aaron seems to provide some. Her footsteps are slow anyways. I should be okay.

But then she enters and I'm suddenly enveloped in her scent. It fills my nose, my lungs, my entire body. I feel like I'm reacting to her when I don't want to. I want to, need to, hate her. It makes everything so much easier than getting involved. I don't like the idea of that anyway, despite the ease of life being completely and utterly single.

Lydia walks to sit in Corey and Devyn's normal place but I'm not listening or paying attention to anything that's going on. Except for her face. Maybe, if I get it out of my system and just look at her, giving myself that small release, then she will finally be released from my head.

All of that goes downhill when she blushes. It's not enough for anyone human to see and she probably doesn't even know herself but I smell it. The scent in the room intensifies and I just can't stay here anymore. If I do, I'm going to drain her. I know it and I'm almost scared by it. So I get up, and I leave. I got out my room, falling down on my bed tiredly. If I don't feed soon, every human within a ten mile radius could be in trouble. Even the guys, who I don't normally feed on ever.

Lying there, I'm away from her scent but not her face. It's still fresh in my mind now, all because I let myself stupidly stare at her. Now I know the details in her eyes and where the single strand of hair in her eyebrow is out of place. I even know exactly what her skin colour is on each part of her face, since there's a tiny differentiation.

When I finally believe that I'm going to be able to spend the night until she leaves up here, I seem to smell her. It's like she's coming closer, then closer. I don't move from my bed, wondering if she's alone or if someone brought her up here for a little tour. No words are spoken and I just barely hear the bathroom door closing. Like a flash, without realising it, I open my own door and look at her.

She looks beautiful, but hot in what she's wearing. Everything inside of me is screaming, screaming to grab her and . . . do something. I don't know what yet. I just want to grab her. Instead, I settle on some asshole question.

"What are you doing here?" Even I know that my voice is angry, much sharper than I originally expected it to be. She doesn't look surprised but instead ready to fight me on this.

"I needed the bathroom." She replies. The anger radiating off of her body is genuinely making me feel hot and bothered, let alone the way her body looks in that outfit. Her stomach is so toned and perfect, the skin tanned. "Sorry that the rest of the doors were locked so I couldn't go inside. Don't see how this makes a difference to you."

"I doesn't." My voice comes out as a growl. I have no doubt she thinks it's some sort of angry thing, but it isn't. It's actually the sound I'm making because I'm trying not to grab her right now. It's strain. "I don't like stupid, nosey girls creeping around my house." Her eyebrow rises on one side just a touch. I only catch it because I'm staring so intensely at her.

"Well, you could have just left me be but instead you had to come out here all aggressive." Aggressive? I can show you aggressive. I've been light on her so far, I haven't yet thrown her against the wall. She's pushing it though. "I've done nothing wrong, unless being a human being is wrong." Oh you have no idea, girl. Being around me, being a human is the worst thing you could possibly do. It's worse than murder. For you, at least. When she crosses her arms over her chest and pushes them together, I can't help but look and mouth a 'it is'. Something flares within her.

For the first time, I realise that our feet are basically touching and we both have to tilt our heads in opposite directions to see one another. I'm not going to lie, my monster likes how close she is. He's roaring to reach out and bite her, while another side of me wants to kiss her, and another side wants to kick her out the house. Literal kick.

Whatever I'm thinking, I'm not sure, when my control slips and I lean into one of those options. Let's hope it's the right one.