|~40~|

Colby Brock
"Sam? A word, please?" Lydia asks as she looks over at my best friend. I give her a weird look, since I have no idea why she wants to talk to him. She's not close to any of the guys and although I trust them both, I just feel myself getting a little paranoid about what they might talk about without me listening. Ignoring my look, however, Lydia and Sam both stand and I listen to them going upstairs. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it when I extend my hearing to listen to them.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks her sounding a little bit worried. I feel my teeth clamp around my lip waiting for her response.

"Yeah . . . can Colby hear us?" My dead heart almost stops again. She knows that I could and she doesn't want me to hear . . . that doesn't settle well. I'm getting nervous about whatever it is she wants to talk to him about.

"Only if he wants to." Sam says then lowers his voice so that she won't be able to hear him. "Brother, just respect her privacy for a minute." My short temper instantly responds to that and I consider not listening, but I finally decide to snap back to reality in the garage. If Lydia wants to talk privately with Sam, I can't and shouldn't stop her or eavesdrop. That's not being a good or loving or trusting boyfriend and I want to be all of those things for her.

"-think so, she's probably just a little nervous about something." Tara replies to Jake's question, which I haven't heard. "Or she just wants a vampire's opinion on something that isn't her boyfriend's."

"Like what?" Jake snorts like Tara is crazy. I notice her smiling at him and instantly miss Lydia even though she's only upstairs. I like being around her and I hate it when I'm not.

"We can't go upstairs yet, it's too early." Aaron whispers into Tori's ear, who's blushing and smirking a little to herself. I can smell the attraction in her scent, which makes me a little sick honestly.

My eyes flick to my phone since I have little else to do and I just start aimlessly scrolling through random apps like Instagram and Twitter. Just like normal humans do, I'm just wasting away the time until I can do something useful with my undead life and spend time with my girlfriend.

I swear it's been forever when I hear Lydia call for me and I don't waste another second in running up. Sam passes me on the way with a big smirk on his face that I completely ignore. That doesn't make my crazy brain any more at ease about their conversation. When I get to Lydia, she motions towards my room.

I sit down on the bed and lean against the headboard, watching her gently shut the door then crawl over the top of me. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a little bit exciting, especially when she places herself so close to my body and looks down at me. I can't help it when I frown, though, as she takes off her necklace and places it on the bedside table. I know she thinks that it really hurts me but she doesn't have to-

My thoughts are caught off by her lips attaching to mine. She brings herself closer to me and lets me rest my hands on her hips. When she's so close to me, I can't just sit here and do nothing. I feel like pulling her down more on me and starting to remove clothing. But then she says the one sentence that I never thought I'd ever hear come out of her mouth.

Without taking her lips from mine, she whispers: "You can bite me." I almost stop kissing her and start shaking her to make sure she's still alive but I decide against that. Instead, I slide my arm around her waist to bring her a bit closer.

"You don't want that." I say against her lips. I wish that she did mean those words and that she would let me bite her but I know more than she does that she doesn't want that. She's made it clear to me ever since she found out what I am.