62 | More Love, More Pain

Standing with my arms crossed and my foot tapping against the ground, I stood with Ron and Hermione. We all watched as Harry continued to shake; currently trying to get inside Voldemort's head to find out where he was, which would also lead us to the last Horcrux.

Finally, Harry's eyes shot open as he gasped for breath; almost like he had just been underwater. "I know where he is."

Standing up, the four of us stuck together as we ran to the front doors. Every time we passed a window I would take a glance at the horror in the front courtyard, where towers collapsed and giants smashed the poor students. Fire spread everywhere and kids on brooms flew past, hoping that the air would guarantee them safety, which it would not.

As we sprinted down the main staircase, we fought off a few Death Eaters here and there, protecting each other along the way as we finally made it outside. The sky was pitch black and there were no stars in sight, but the flames and constant explosions lit up the castle-like fireworks in the sky.

Glaring down at us, a large giant stalked towards closer and swung its large blade. Thinking fast, we ducked behind the fallen bell from the tower, and as soon as the giant had lost interest we took off again. We had to climb over the rubble of fallen structures, run away from huge spiders, weave in and out of giant's legs and battle a few Death Eaters, but eventually we escaped the thick of it.

As we turned a corner, we saw a Death Eater hovering overtop of a dead little girl. "No!" Hermione cried, cursing the Death Eater and sending him flying back over the ledge.

When we finally made it to the bridge, we were confronted by a group of Dementors, but thankfully, Aberforth showed up and cast a Patronus Charm, giving us enough time to run for one of the side staircases that lead to one of the lower buildings by the water.

As we got just outside, we heard Voldemort's voice and ducked just beside the window. Snape was there as well, but Voldemort ended up killing him in the end because since Snape was the one who killed Dumbledore, the Elder Wand belonged to him. So while Snape was alive, the Wand would not work for Voldemort.

As Snape's body collapsed against the glass of the window and the snake bit him a few times, Voldemort disappeared and the four of us ran inside. The man in his usual black robe was struggling to breathe as he laid there, his neck bleeding.

Kneeling down beside him, Harry put his hand over the wound in hopes to slow the bleeding. As Snape let a single tear fall from his eyes, he looked to Harry. "Take it." he cried, this being the first time I had seen Snape weak in any sort of way. "Take them. Please."

Pulling a vial out of her bag, Hermione handed it to Harry, which he used to collect Snape's tears. "Take them to the Pensieve," Snape told Harry. "Look at me. You have your mother's eyes."

With that, Snape took his final breath. Just then, a darkness passed over the building and Harry had to grab onto the wall for support. I could hear something though, and it hurt my ears a lot.

"You've fought valiantly, but in vain," Voldemort spoke to everyone again, like he had done earlier. "I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I, therefore, command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forrest and confront your fate. If you do not do this...I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

When Voldemort finally stopped talking, the pressure in my head subsided, and we headed back up to the castle. The courtyard was empty now except for the large pile of bodies which were mostly from Voldemort's army.