31 | Yule Ball

"lt's all right, Ron." Ginny told her brother as a few of us girls helped lead him safely back into the common room. "lt's okay, Ron. lt's all right. lt doesn't matter."

Standing up from the couch where he had been lying down, Harry rushed over and noticed the frozen look on Ron's face. "What happened to you?"

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out." I told him as we sat Ron down.

"What?" Hermione scoffed as she kneeled down in front of him.

With slightly excitement in his eyes, Harry smirked. "What did she say?"

"No, of course." Hermione answered, but Ron shook his head. "She said yes?"

"Don't be silly." Ron finally found his voice. "There she was, walking by. You know how l like it when they walk. l couldn't help it. lt just sort of slipped out."

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her." Ginny, who had witnessed the whole thing, said. "lt was a bit frightening."

Harry looked down at his poor, distraught friend. "And what did you do then?"

"What else?" Ron huffed in a way that we should have already known the answer. "l ran for it. l'm not cut out for this, Harry. l don't know what got into me. l always liked looking at them from behind. She's never gonna forgive me, ever."

"Hi, Harry." the Patil twins, Parvati and Padma, smiled as they walked past.

Harry waved at them before his eyes lit up, a signal that he had an idea. "Hey!" he ran after them.

_______________

It was finally here. The Yule Ball had arrived and people had been going crazy all day long, going on about what they were going to be wearing, trying to find last minute dates, stuff like that. Classes had pretty much been a write off that day as well due to the fact that no one could even sit still.

The Gryffindor girls' dormitory was packed full as everyone got ready, slipping into dresses and doing each other's makeup. It was looking to be a promising night, but Hermione and I had decided to wait until the first group of girls had left, giving us more room to get ready.

"You're going with Krum, aren't you?" I asked her as we pulled out our dresses, knowing all along but just wanting to hear her say it.

Hermione blushed slightly as she put on her beautiful layered pink and purple dress. "Yes. You're going with George?"

"Yes." I nodded.

By the time we were finished, the ball was due to start any minute. Stepping over to the full body mirror, I drew in a breath, feeling extremely nervous for some reason. My had been sent to the school by my mother, who had insisted it would fit, and thankfully, it did. She also sent me some which were a little high, meaning I had been walking around the room in them for weeks just trying to get used to them.

It was Hermione though that looked flawless. Her dress was gorgeous, her hair was done up perfectly, and her makeup was subtle but noticeable.

My hair, as thick and bright blonde as it was, had been done in loose curls by another one of the girls who had offered to help me out. I hadn't known her very well, but I owed her now considering she made my hair look outstanding when I wouldn't have known the first thing to do with it.

Turning to Hermione, who was still doing a few last minute touches, I sighed. "I think I am going to head down now." I told her. "Are you okay to head down later?"

Hermione nodded. "Yes, yes, of course, go."

Heading down the steps, I saw Ron and Harry heading out of the common room and rushed to catch them. "Guys, wait." I managed to moved quite swiftly in the heels.