49 | Together

After Harry had run off after Draco, it didn't take long for us to find out what had happened, and the short story was Harry cornered Draco in a bathroom and nearly killed him using a deadly spell from the book belonging to the Half-Blood Prince.

Harry and the rest of us had decided then that the book could no longer be in someone's possession, so Ginny and Harry hid it in the Room of Requirements where hopefully it would never be found again.

"So, did you and Ginny do it then?" Ron asked as he and I ran into Harry in the hall the next day.

Harry turned to us like he had no clue what we were talking about. "What?"

"You know, hide the book?" I rephrased the question.

"Oh, yeah." Harry nodded as Professor Slughorn spotted us in the hall. He stared at Harry for a few seconds before pretending to forget something and walking back the way he had come.

Ron watched as the old man disappeared around the corner. "Still no luck with Slughorn, then, I take it?"

Harry shook his head before something came to him. "Luck. That's it. All I need is a bit of luck."

Back in the common room, Hermione, Ron, and I watched as Harry downed the bottle of Liquid Luck, a slight smile spreading onto his face after. "Well, how do you feel?" Hermione asked.

"Excellent," Harry replied as he stood up from the couch he had been sitting on. "Really excellent."

"Remember, Slughorn usually eats early, takes a walk, and then returns to his office," Hermione told him.

Harry nodded. "Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's."

"What?" I cocked a brow, questioning if he had or had not just heard what Hermione had said to him. "No, Harry, you've got to go to speak to Slughorn. We have a plan."

"I know but I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's." Harry grabbed his coat. "I feel it's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean?"

The three of us shook our heads in unison. "No."

"Well, trust me. I know what I'm doing." Harry headed for the door. "Or Felix does."

As Harry took off, Hermione turned to me. "Maybe you should follow him. You know, to make sure he stays on task."

"Got it." I too grabbed my coat from the rack, crossing my fingers and holding them up. "Let's hope this works."

After setting off after Harry, I couldn't find him anywhere so I decided that my best bet would be to just go straight to Hagrid's, which was where Harry was going to show up at sooner or later.

Walking across the bridge and down the hill towards Hagrid's house, I spotted him standing in front of a large overturned and dead spider, which I recognized from back in my second year. Aragog, I remember his name being, as he sent his sons and daughter to kill us. Lovely memories.

"Hagrid!" I called. "Have you seen Harry?"

Pointing behind me, Hagrid nodded. "Well, he's right there."

Sure enough, when I turned around I saw Harry coming down the mountain with Slughorn by his side. "Horace." Hagrid greeted the older man as he stood in front of Aragog.

"Merlin's beard!" Slughorn exclaimed. "Is that an actual Acromantula?"

"A dead one, I think, sir," Harry said, still acting weird after taking the potion.

Slughorn stared at the abnormally large arachnid. "Good God. Dear fellow, however did you manage to kill it?"

"Kill it?" Hagrid questioned. "Me oldest friend, he was."