Chapter 12 - Traps and Schemes

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"No... but don't worry! You know she'll be fine! She's tough, like her mother and her old man. We'll find her Levy. Her and Lance. Droy and I won't give up!" Jet assured her.

"Thanks," Levy breathed, not surprised but still disappointed.

"Hey... how are you holding up?" Jet asked.

Levy smiled a bit at her friend's concern even as tears peppered her eyelashes, "I'm fine."

"You sure?" a distant voice asked; Droy.

"Droy doesn't believe you," Jet relayed through the lacrima.

"Well tell Droy I'm fine. You two get back to it now, sorry for interrupting!" Levy laughed.

"Alright. We'll call you if we find anything! We promise!" Jet laughed in reply.

"Alright!" Levy smiled, "Bye!"

"Bye!" the two voices of Droy and Jet rang back at her. They hung up and Levy was left with a forced smile and a shaky hand. She placed the lacrima on the table and began crying.

It was such a hopeless ordeal that she felt terrified for her family. More then that, she felt helpless and powerless to help. She wanted nothing more than to run into the world and find her kids but she'd be no more help. Everyone was relying on her to crack the enchantment that seemed absolutely impossible, she didn't understand half of what she was reading.

"Levy?" Lucy's voice asked.

The blonde peeked out from a bookshelf and upon seeing her friend's condition she dropped the books she had been holding, ran over, and hugged Levy.

"It's okay! We'll find them!" she assured Levy, understanding perfectly well her best friend's struggle.

"I-I don't know what to do," Levy trembled.

"Exactly what we're doing. We have to keep looking," Lucy assured her, tears in her own eyes. 

"For what!?" Levy cried. "What are we even looking for!"

Lucy held her friend closer and closed her eyes. She too had never felt so alone, afraid for Natsu, afraid for Nashi and Igneel, scared to death of the future, helpless and powerless to do anything but waste time in a library.

"Höldrevn," two small voices murmured in unison.

Lucy and Levy froze and they looked over to the blue-haired twins on the ground.

"Fáthren," Kurui explained softly, her large four-year-old eyes full of wisdom unlike anything normal.

"Fáthren drüther Höldrevn," Kuro finished, speaking whatever he was speaking fluently and with complete confidence as the young child looked at his mother.

The two women stared at the children in disbelief.

"They just spoke," Levy murmured, unbelievingly.

"Forget that, what did they just say?" Lucy asked.

"I... I have no idea," Levy answered.

Kakumi took another long breath, smelling the wind. He then fidgeted with his shirt, his nervousness showing.

"What's wrong?" Nova asked, looking down at the boy.

Kakumi looked back to make sure that the other three girls trailing them weren't going to overhear his next words.

"I lost the scent," Kakumi murmured.

"You what?" Nova asked, unable to hear the mumbling of her little brother.

"I can't smell Nashi, Lance, or Storm," Kakumi explained, almost whining. "I'm sorry."