• eighteen •

Y/n's POV:

Canary gulped when she saw Harley and me, scratching the back of her neck.

"Are you working for Roman Sionis too?!" I spat.

"I sang here before I went to your club. You should have read my file. But that's not important right now. What is, is both of you finding a little girl named Cassandra Cain. She's a pickpocket and has the diamond. They took her to the police station."

"Come on pumpkin." Harley tugged on my hand.

I narrowed my eyes at Canary, "You're so fired, Lance."

Harley pulled me towards the soft yellow convertible and hot wired it, speeding towards her apartment. When we got there, she rushed inside saying she was getting some of her guns. My phone rang in my pocket and I pulled it out to see Sasha calling me.

"Y/n, are you okay!?"

"I'm fine, Sash. I'm just a little banged up. Listen, Roman knows I'm Ember so make sure everything's locked down at the warehouse and be ready to move with the cash if things go south. I feel like a war is going to start."

"We're working on it now. Y/n what's going on?"

I sighed, "I don't know. Harley told him she would find him his diamond he lost. When I know more I'll let you know."

"Be careful. Both of you."

"You too." I said before ending the call just in time for Harley to toss her shotgun labeled 'Fun Gun' in the backseat.

"What's going on? Why did he kidnap you?" I asked while she squealed out of the parking lot.

"He said it was because Mr. J and I are broken up. My immunity was gone."

I nodded, "And the diamond?"

"I don't really know. He lost it to that kid and wants it back."

I sucked in a breath when I read the text Sasha just sent me. It was a screenshot of a forwarded message sent out by Roman. It was a contract on Cassandra Cains head, guaranteed half a million dollars to whoever brought her in alive. Reading lower I scoffed when it said an additional hundred grand would be added on if they brought both Harley and me in dead.

"Well we aren't going to be the only ones out looking for it." I showed her the text and she clenched her jaw.

"That slimy bastard!"

We made it to the station and got out. Harley grabbed her gun and we rushed inside, taking care of all the officers who tried to take us down. We were then pointed in the direction of where they were holding the girl. I opened the door to the holding cells and Harley walked in, getting soaked by the sprinkler system.

The guys in the cages started whistling lowly and glaring at Harley as she walked through. Harley giggled, hiding her face as the sprinklers pelted down upon us.

"Are you Cassandra Cain?" I asked rushing over towards the steel cage she was sitting inside.

"Who's asking?" She huffed, walking over towards the bars.

"We-" I was cut off when the door to her cage opened, looking around the rest of the cell doors opened letting the inmates out.

"Take her and get out of here. Meet me back at the apartment." Harley said, smacking a guy across the jaw with her fun gun.

"Harley, I'm not leaving you!" I shook my head, being pushed out of the way as Cassandra escaped.

"That little shit!" Harley hissed giving me a look before fighting off some of the guys. I twisted one of their arms behind his back, hearing a pop. He screamed and punched me across the face.

"Pumpkin use your fire!" Harley grunted.

"The sprinklers are on, Harley! I can't!" I kneed the man I was fighting in the gut, smashing his face against my knee. I took off towards the doorway the kid went, grunting when one of the inmates grabbed my ankle and tripped me.

I kicked him across the face with my foot, yelping when he slammed his fist into my thigh.

"That's my girlfriend!" Harley snarled, grabbing his neck and snapping it, helping me stand to my feet with a smile.

"Thanks." I breathed out, both of us wasting no time in running after her. We made it inside a small mechanic shop and I saw Cassandra hiding under some shelves. She pointed at something in the far corner when she saw me and I nodded.

Harley ran after her when she saw her and I tried to grab her and pull her back when I saw a few guys with some sub machine guns.

I conjured up my fire and quickly ended them all. Harley walked over to me, holding onto the kid so she wouldn't run away.

"Are you gonna run away some more?" I asked.

"Tell me why you want me and I'll think about it." Cassandra challenged.

"Kid, theres half a million on your head. If you give us the diamond, we'll make sure you're protected."

Cassandra stiffened and looked down, "I, uh... swallowed it."

"Great." I huffed, "Come on, we should get out of here."

[...]

"You hungry kid?" Harley asked as soon as we entered her pink apartment.

"I could eat." She hummed, Bruce rushing over to greet me. Harley softly pecked my lips, rubbing her thumb over my cheek.

"I'm gonna go call Sasha." I mumbled against her lips, pulling her closer to me. Harley moaned in my mouth and Cassandra coughed loudly.

Harley glared at her when we pulled back and I chuckled pulling out my phone to call Sasha.

"Thank god. I was getting worried."

"We got the kid. We're at Harley's apartment." I shut the bathroom door behind me.

"Okay. Everything's ready to go here."

"Okay." I nodded even though she couldn't see me, "She swallowed the diamond so..."

"Oh shit!" Sasha laughed. "Good luck with that."

I snorted, "Thanks."

The door opened and shut behind me and Harley sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, raking her eyes over my body.

"Hey I-I got to go." I ended the call and shoved my phone in my pocket. Harley slowly walked towards me and smoothed her hands over my chest, pulling me towards her by my shirt.

"You are so incredibly hot when you're fighting. Did you know that?" Her hooded eyes looked up at me.

I licked my lips, catching her eyes drift downwards.

"I want you so bad." She moaned breathlessly in my ear and I dug my fingers into her hips.

We both jumped when the bathroom door was pounded on, hearing Cassandra on the other end telling us she had to piss.

Harley groaned in frustration, opening the bathroom door. I plopped down on Harley's couch, feeling her body cuddle into my side. I smiled when I felt her place a kiss on my neck.

"I'm tired." I mumbled.

"Rest pumpkin." Harley said softly, stretching out and laying her head in my lap. I threaded my fingers in her hair, scratching her scalp before sleep consumed me.