• ten •

Harley's POV:

What was I supposed to wear?! Y/n texted me and told me to wear whatever I wanted, but now that I was looking at my clothes, I felt like none of them were good enough! Should I wear something that shows off my legs? I caught y/n staring at them a times. Or should I wear something that makes my boobs look good?

I needed to put clothes on soon because I definitely couldn't stand in my apartment naked all day. I'm sure I could. Would y/n mind?

I hadn't been on a real date in so long. I felt like I wanted to throw up. Mr. J never took me on any dates, he always told me the heists (ones he always took the credit for) were our dates and I should enjoy them. I did in the beginning, but looking back I couldn't help but hate how much he mistreated me.

After a few more minutes of deciding what I wanted to wear, I just picked out a golden colored dress that stopped mid thigh and had a slit down the chest area. I was killing two birds with one stone and still setting fashion trends.

Y/n's POV:

I was incredibly nervous. I hadn't been on a date in so long that I almost forgot how it went. Sasha helped me plan the date, showing me nothing but support the entire time.

I made sure I had my keys and my wallet before exiting my bedroom. On the way out I bumped into Alfred, apologizing.

"Well don't you look gorgeous!" Alfred twirled me around and I laughed, "There was a letter addressed to you in the mail."

"Thanks." I grabbed the letter from his outstretched hand. The envelope only had my name and address on it, no sign of who it could be from.

I pulled the letter out, the entire thing stained in neon green dye and I knew who it was from instantly. I opened the letter, half expecting for something to come shooting out of it. Nothing did and I was thankful.

Tsk tsk, little Wayne. There's no going back on our deal.

xoxo Joker

I crumpled the paper up and burned it in my hand, dusting my hands free of the ash. I wasn't planning on telling Harley her ex was trying to take me out of the picture, or that he was even back in Gotham. I'd worry about him later, he wasn't going to get in the way of Harley and me.

If he cared about her as much as he did right now, he should have showed her. He didn't want her, and it was time she was treated like a person and not some play thing.

[...]

I knocked on the door and it opened instantly, seeing Harley standing there with a large grin plastered on her face. Bruce knocked past her and charged at me, licking my hands and my face when I bent down.

"Told you he missed you." Harley scratched behind his ears.

I laughed, patting his head before he trotted back inside.

"You look gorgeous." I breathed out, eyes raking up her legs and all her curves. Harley did a little spin for me, giggling as she did. I knew she loved the attention and I wasn't going to stop giving it to her.

"You don't look too bad yourself, pumpkin." Harley kissed my cheek before we left her apartment building.

It wasn't a far drive to the movie theatre, the entire time Harley had my hand on her thigh so she could fiddle with my fingers. I'd catch her smiling to herself every so often and I wonder what she was thinking about in that head of hers.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"You." She breathed, the confession catching me off guard, "I didn't know this level of happiness was even possible. I used to think I was happy with Mr. J, but it turns out I wasn't. With you it's genuine."