• twenty one •

Y/n's POV:

I pushed through the crowd of people near the stairwell to my office, catching Sasha throw an entire cup of water at Harley.

One of Jokers guards had her pinned against the wall in seconds. I clambered up the rest of the stairs, rushing over towards them.

"Enough!" I snarled, glaring at Joker. Harley didn't even spare me a glance.

"You come into my club, take up my entire VIP area for free, and order my drinks. Let go of her or I will-"

"Go ahead, Ember. Show us all your little fire tricks." Joker teased, waving his man off and he let go of Sasha. Sasha coughed, pulling out her pistol but I lowered her hand down.

"Y/n, let me pop this motherfucker!" Sasha hissed.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Joker gasped. Sasha growled and I stuck my arm out in front of her to stop her from lunging.

I blew out a breath, shaking my head in defeat before grabbing Sasha and steering her towards my office.

"What the hell y/n? Why didn't you blow his clown ass up?!"

"Next time just let me handle my own shit, alright? Before you get a bullet in the head." I snarled, slamming my fists down on my desk, splitting the wood down the center.

Sasha clenched her jaw before storming out of my office. I flipped over my desk, kicking my office chair into the wall before collapsing back in the love seat.

I needed a drink, maybe even a good fuck. I need to just stop thinking for once. I needed my mind to shut off. Shouldn't I be crying? Shouldn't I be distraught? Maybe it's because she wasn't. Maybe since she didn't seem to care for me, I wasn't going to cry and show her I was weak without her.

I missed her. I think anyway. Maybe I just hate the way it ended. Maybe an ending where I wasn't so stupid and actual saw things clearly. Blowing out a breath I shook my head, exiting my office and going back down to the bar. I couldn't sit there and let the negative thoughts take over. So when they suggested I drink I agreed.

"Next rounds on me." Canary took a seat next to me and I turned to her with an emotionless expression.

"I thought I fired you, Lance."

"Well then consider this me coming to ask for it back. Romans dead, I need to make some money." She thanked Sid before turning towards me.

"Thought you and a few girls were in that little hero gang." I gulped down a shot.

"Birds of Prey? Yeah, but I love singing." Canary smirked.

"Fine. You're hired." I sighed reluctantly.

"Yay!" She leaned over and hugged me, kissing my cheek repeatedly and I let out a small laugh.

Harley's POV:

I shifted uncomfortably in the booth, being stared down by one of Mr. Js guards. My eyes scanned over the entire club as Mr. J talked to some new guy who was gonna take over Romis club for him.

My heart clenched when I saw Y/n and Canary happily chatting away at the bar. They exchanged lingering touches and I almost whimpered when she leaned in to whisper something in her ear.

I winced when I felt Mr. J grip my thigh tight. A small whimper escaped my lips as he caught my gaze towards y/n.

"you're mine forever, baby. your little pumpkin hates you now." Joker husked against my neck, tugging on the collar that said 'Puddin' on it.

Mr. J was right, pumpkin did hate me. She never caught my eye when I tried to catch her attention. And now she was spending all this time in a club where more than one woman wanted to spend a night in bed with her. It made me angry that other people looked at her the way I did. I should gouge our their eyes or something.

I wanted to rule Gotham with her, side by side like partners in crime. I wanted to be her mob wife or something.

But the more I looked at y/n and Canary laugh and talked, the more I realized that y/n and Canary actually looked hot together. She looked a lot better with y/n than I did and maybe Batsy would like her much more than me. I ruined everything for pumpkin.

I was the second choice now, a feeling I hadn't felt since being with y/n. I actually felt that I was back with Mr. J and I wished I had never fallen for that man in the first place.

Y/n's POV:

I still had all this pent up aggression inside and it wasn't going away. No matter how many times I blew stuff up, fought people, or drank, it didn't go away. It was like a pit in my chest that just kept growing and infecting everything inside me.

It was probably from the depression I had, mix that with anxiety and you've got one fucked up, not taken seriously by society, person. So I went the one place I thought might get rid of it.

"Y/n! It's so good to see you!" Alfred rushes towards me, setting down the feather duster.

"Hey, old man." I hugged him back, "My father around?"

"I believe he's in the home gym." He informed.

I patted his back as I broke the hug, "Make sure to have the fire department on standby, this might go differently."

I peaked in through the windows that looked into the gym, seeing my mother punching the punching bag in the corner. The door clicked shut behind me, making my presence known.

My father didn't say anything to me when he looked up, going back to hitting bag a moment later. I shrugged off my sweatshirt and walked behind the bag to hold it.

"How's the new place working out for you?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Fine. There's a lot more space in it than I remember." I cleared my throat awkwardly, remembering Harley practically living with me from how much time she spent over at my place when we were dating.

"Nothing that can't be filled back up again." He mumbled. I chose to ignore his comment, steadying the bag.

"Harley and I broke up." I mumbled and he stopped his assault on the bag.

"What?"

"Harley and I broke up!" I said louder, "Is that what I have to tell you just to get you to look at me? Can you not look me in the eyes anymore? Afraid to see your freak of a daughter?"

"I-I never said-"

"you didn't have too! you were right, and I'm sure you're smug to hear me say that but.. you were right. She was just using me. And you can't even see that I'm in pain because you refuse to look at me. Some father you are." I spat.

"Y/n-"

I took a step away from him, "Don't even bother. Why don't you go put on the costume, I'm sure the city needs saving."