• twenty •

Harley's POV:

I walked back into the room the rest of the girls were in, not daring to look any of them in the eyes. I knew they heard the entire thing anyway.

"Okay people. Let's protect the girl." I smiled as best as I could despite all the makeup running down my face. I lost my pumpkin, but I was gonna get her back. I was going to fix things with her if I made it through tonight.

Y/n's POV:

My eyes fluttered open and they squinted, water getting in them. I looked to my left and my right, air bubbles rising to the surface as I screamed. Water went inside my lungs as I choked on it, inside a glass coffin.

I punched the glass above me but hissed in pain. I punched it again with a greater force, trying not to think about how bruised my knuckles were going to be.

"Fuck!" I gurgled, the anxiety settling inside my stomach as the walls seemed to get closer. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my racing heart beat. This was going to hurt like a bitch.

I used my powers, putting all my strength and effort into it as I boiled the water to try and shatter the glass. My skin burned and hissed, the steaming water burning holes in the clothes I wore.

Steam fogged up the entire glass case and I jumped when I heard a gun shot. The top was flipped open as the leviathan steam cloud danced out.

I pulled myself out of the coffin, sputtering and coughing out salty water. I laid on my back, my chest heaving as Sasha stood over me.

"Tryna die on me, Wayne?" Sasha teased, out stretching her hand for me.

I laughed breathlessly, taking her hand gratefully, "Wasn't on the bucket list for today. Sorry."

"And here I thought I almost got rid of you." Sasha nudged me. I playfully rolled my eyes, thankful to her for saving my life and being the one constant thing in my life.

"Where's the girlfriend?" Sasha asked.

"Oh, uh- protecting the kid." I mumbled, glancing back at all the gunfire I heard.

Sasha raised one of her eyebrows at me and I looked away from her.

"It's gonna be okay." Sasha assured me before she gasped sharply, eyes fluttering closed as she fell in my arms.

"Sash?!" I yelled, patting her cheek. I hissed when something sliced down the middle of my back, stumbling forward as Sashas body fell out of my arms.

"Don't worry, she's not dead. Yet." Joker smirked, a small army of his goons standing around him and I, "You on the other hand.. a different story. Right now Harley just killed Roman, well, the kid with the diamond did and she'll be searching for you any second. Heard there was a breakup." Joker cackled, nodding his head at one of his goons.

I jumped back to avoid the swing of his mallet, feeling two sets of arms grab me to hold me in place. I spat out a glob of blood when his mallet smashed across my face.

"Sorry to miss all the fun, but Harley could use some.. cheering up if you know what I mean. Bye bye little Wayne." Joker laughed manically

I screamed in pain when they slowly stabbed a long machete tip under my ribs, twisting it so my rib snapped in half. I fell down onto one knee, eventually slamming against the pavement brutally. I was too weak to use my powers, too weak to fight back. I zoned out on Sashas unconscious body as they beat me within an inch of my life.

Harley's POV:

"Pumpkin?!" I called out, the others yelling for y/n too. I knew that if I didn't do something, I was about to beat both Canary and Huntress to the ground.