• nine •

Harley's POV:

My lips still tingled hours after the kiss ended. I sat inside my apartment, eating my feelings away and pouring the spray cheese in my mouth. The kiss was unexpected but I wasn't complaining about how good of a kisser she was. Serious toe curling action.

But she went and sprung that on me and fucked everything up! How was I supposed to to kill Batsy when she made me start to feel things I didn't want to feel. I knew that y/n was different than Mr. J, but a Harley Quinn is only put on this earth to be somebody's toy. At least that's what it felt like.

I didn't want to go down the same heartbreak trail with y/n. I didn't want to feel that I needed her like people needed air. She made me feel free and yet I was still scared to fully be myself with her. Because when things start looking up, it means it'll just come crashing down and I wasn't ready for the impact.

I didn't want to fall and have her not fall with me.

Y/n's POV:

Three weeks later.

"You've reaches Harleen Quinzel, if you're not calling to give me a free egg sandwich then I don't care!"

I tossed my phone down on my bed, sitting down with my head in my hands. It had been three weeks and it was like Harley just disappeared off the face of the planet.

My brain started overthinking, getting the idea in my head that Harley was kidnapped by the Joker. A small part of me thought maybe she found him and decided she wanted him. But I tried not to think about that one.

It's been silent from him too. Here I was thinking that he was going to send more of his goons after me and finish the job this time.

My father and I haven't much spoken in the three weeks I've been moving around, trying to focus on my work by I always found myself thinking about her. What was she doing? Was she okay?

I was conflicted with myself. Part of me wishes I didn't kiss her so that maybe we would be talking again, but the other part was patting myself on the back. At least I got a kiss before she fell off the planet.

Picking up my phone again, I quickly tapped on the messages between her and I. I typed out a new message and hit send.

Me: Just please tell me if you're okay

I tossed my phone away again and shot off the bed, needing to do something to distract my mind.

Seconds later my phone pinged and I rushed over towards my bed. I grabbed my phone, smile diminishing when it wasn't her that texted.

Sash: you need to come down to the warehouse... it's not good

Sash: I'm sorry

Now my curiosity was peaked. I was hoping it wasn't as bad as she was letting on. Maybe Jones went after my money and I needed to deal with it accordingly. So I grabbed a jacket and slipped on some shoes and got in my car.

I slipped my mask on and approached the large barn doors. The two guards in watch greeted me with a curt nod before letting me in. Sasha was standing on the other side of the door, biting her nails.

"Jones go after the rest of my money?" I asked while we began walking further into the building.

Sasha shook her head, "No, you're money is all safe and Jones has stepped it up. This is something a lot... bigger.."

"Just tell me."

"See for yourself." My best friend gestured in front of her and I followed her gaze.