• seven •

Y/n's POV:

One week later.

"So what are you thinking?" I set down a glass of whiskey in front of Sasha, both of us sitting in my office while the bass shook the walls.

"About?" Sasha licked the whiskey off her lips.

"Harley. I'm sure you have something to say about it." I took a swig of my liquor.

"She's clingy. Seems to always want to be with you."

I nodded, looking at the brown liquor in my glass before setting it down in front of me.

"I think I kinda like it? The clinginess I guess. I mean, she's different and more herself?"

"The joker did a number on her. I'm sure you're a different change of pace for her. You allow her to be... crazier?" Sasha chuckled, shaking her head, "I'm not sure if that's the right word, but you get what I mean."

I hummed, "Yeah. I just don't want to risk my fathers life. Even if he is an ass half the time. What if this is the fight that kills him?"

Sasha set her drink aside and leaned forward, placing her hand over top of mine, "You're father knew what he was getting into when he chose to play the role of Batman. At the end of the day you have to do what's best for you. So maybe you like having Harley around, just be cautious."

"You might be right. Alfred told me that if she brought me some sort of happiness that I shouldn't let that go."

"Well he is right. He has a lot of life experience and all that." Sasha teased. I snorted, grabbing my glass again to finish it off.

"Ugh, he's so old. He needs to retire and play golf for the rest of his life or something." I cackled.

Sasha spat out her drink, holding her hand underneath her chin to catch the drops of liquor from staining her clothes.

"Black Canary is drawing in an even bigger crowd than before." Sasha changed the subject.

"Probably one of the best investments I've made." I snorted.

"You're probably right." Sasha snickered, raising her glass to clink it with mine.

"As much as I don't want you to hangout with Harley, I know that it's your life to live. What I'm trying to say is that I know you aren't good with expressing your feelings, especially when you care about someone. It's okay to admit that you miss her."

I felt like I did one thing, thinking I made progress, when in reality I was heading back to square one. At some point I had to bite the bullet and actually say the words out loud.

Sasha gave me a warm smile in reassurance before excusing herself to go get us some more drinks. I knew getting drunk to try and forget things wasn't the best option, but so far it was the one I was sticking with. God why couldn't I just say the words? Right, because that would make it real. Did I want it to be real? Or was I fine living my life like this?

I glanced out the bouncing club from behind my tinted office window. The vibes felt off when Harley wasn't here, maybe it's because she spent most of her time next to me or dancing somewhere. Out of all the people that came to have a good time here, Harley was the one that stuck out the most.

Damn you Quinzel.

[...]

I groaned when my father threw my body down on the mat. He gave me a certain look I couldn't quite read, helping me to my feet.

"You've been very distracted. I've knocked you down four times now." He unstrapped his boxing gloves.

"I've been thinking a lot." I shrugged, grabbing the sweat towel to wipe the sticky sweat off my neck.

An awkward tension settled upon us while I cleared my throat. I glanced over at my father to see him standing still. He looked like he was deep in thought while zoning out. Both of us knew it was about Harley and my phone buzzed next to my water bottle. I picked it up, seeing it was a text from Sasha.

I couldn't help but feel disappointed it wasn't Harley. But why would she text me? Maybe she really didn't need me after all.

Sash: your girls been hanging out at Romans club... just thought you would want to know

I blew out a breath, locking my phone and stuffing it my pocket. I noticed my father left the home gym so I did the same, turning the lights off as I did so.

After my shower, I made myself a fruit bowl and plopped down on the couch. I flipped through the channels and stopped when I saw my father at some press conference. My eyebrows furrowed when my name was brought up, wondering why he didn't tell me he was had a conference.

"Oh dear." Alfred mumbled walking into the living room.

I turned the volume up a few more notches, leaning forward on the black leather couch.

"Mr. Wayne! Mr. Wayne! What do you have to say about the reports of your daughter hanging with one of Gotham's crazies?"

My father tapped his fingers on the podium, "Does anyone have any questions not regarding my daughter?"

The room fell silent and I scoffed, the camera zooming in on my fathers red face.

"Fine. The only thing I have to say about those reports, is that my daughter is a child. She's acting out, obviously. I'm sure this phase of wanting to try new things will go away. We've talked about this, but I have no doubt that she will come to her senses. Thank you."

"A child?!" I hissed abruptly standing to my feet and spilling fruit all over the floor.

"Master y/n, maybe you can try and think rationally about this." Alfred gulped.

I clenched my jaw, "He thinks I'm acting out? He hasn't seen nothing yet."

I grabbed a pair of vans, a jacket and the keys to my Benz before rushing out of the mansion. While I hopped in my car, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Sashas number.

"Y/n-"

"I miss Harley Quinn so much it scares me."

"Then why are you calling me? Go and talk to her!"