32 | Hold Your Breath

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Exactly." Moody looked to her. "Presumably Potter is well prepared by now...and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now! Longbottom! Why don't you help Potter put his books back."

As Ron and Hermione rushed off, I looked up at one of the clocks to check the time. "You know, if you're interested in plants...you'd be better off with Goshawk's Guide to Herbology," Neville suggested as he spotted the books that Harry was going through. "Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity-resistant trees?"

"Neville, no offence, but l really don't care about plants." Harry groaned, his sleep deprivation getting the best of him. "Now, if there's...a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour...then great. But otherwise-"

"l don't know about a turnip," Neville replied. "But you could always use gillyweed."

_______________

"Any bets? Any bets?" Fred and George shouted as the made their way down to the water along with everyone else,."Come on, place your bets! Step up, mates! Don't be shy. Three lads. One lady. Four go down. But do four come up?"

"Don't be so mean," Ginny told them as the two of us walked past, Fred glaring at Ginny while George gave me a wink and a cheeky grin.

As we made our way closer to the water, I spotted Neville and Harry and parted ways with Ginny. "You're sure about this, Neville?" Harry tried to calm himself down as he took the seaweed looking substance from Neville.

"Absolutely."

"For an hour?"

"Most likely."

"Most likely?"

Neville nodded. "Well, there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater-"

"You're telling me this now?" Harry kept his voice down as people pushed past us. "You must be joking!"

"l just wanted to help."

"Well, that makes you a right sight better than Ron and Hermione." Harry sighed as we piled into one of the boats to take us to the event location. "Where are they anyway?"

Neville sighed. "You seem a little tense, Harry."

"Do l?"

"Hey, Harry, listen to me." I looked him in the eyes. "You fought a bloody dragon last time! Whatever is down in the water, no matter how bad, could it really be worse than a dragon?"

"Welcome to the second task," Dumbledore announced as everyone gathered on one of three large standing towers in the middle of The Black Lake. "Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion...now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough, except for this: They will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin at the sound of the cannon."

When the cannon sounded, all four champions dove into the water and out of our sight. "What's the matter with him?" Seamus asked as he stared down into the water, trying to spot Harry who had sort of tumbled into the water rather than dove.

Dean shrugged. "l don't know, l can't see him."

"Oh, my God." Neville started to freak out. "l've killed Harry Potter."

"No, Neville-" I started, but before I had a chance to tell him, Harry leapt out of the water like a fish, his feet now flippers and gills on the side of his face.