30 | One, Two, Three

Start from the beginning

Swallowing hard, Ron looked up as McGonagall walked over to him. "Yes?"

"Will you join me, please?" McGonagall pulled Ron up to the dance floor. "Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?"

"My waist." McGonagall led his hand to her side, earning a whistle from one of the guys. "And extend your arm. Mr. Filch, if you please."

Fred and George, who were both leaning against the back of the wall behind the other guys, laughed as they watched Ron started to dance with the older professor once the music began.

"One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three." McGonagall counted along with the steps as the twins jokingly swayed along to the music.

Stifling a laugh, I watched as Harry looked up at the two boys. "Never gonna let him forget this, are you?"

"Never." they shook their heads.

"Everybody come together," McGonagall instructed as the other girls jumped up. "Boys, on your feet!"

Looking around at the other guys, Neville drew in a deep breath before standing up and joining the girls on the dance floor. Noticing his rather brave act, I decided to have some fun with the situation and dance with him.

"Wanna dance?" I held my hand out, my white button-up sleeve pushed up slightly and my robe lying back on the bench where I had been sitting.

Nodding, he took my hands and together, along with McGonagall and Ron, we danced.

_______________

As days passed and the Yule Ball neared, everyone was bumbling about, always gossiping about who they were going to the dance with or who they wanted to go to the dance with. I hadn't been asked, but I wasn't exactly worried about it.

The fact that the Yule Ball was on Christmas did mean I would be staying at Hogwarts for the holidays though, but I was fine with that considering Hogwarts was pretty much my second home and my friends were my second family.

It wasn't hard to notice though that Viktor was making eyes at Hermione whenever he got the chance, so I had reason to believe that he would ask her out. Besides, Hermione deserved a hot date.

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Ron looked around the room during study hall, earning a smack on the head from Snape. "Well, us and Neville."

Harry chuckled. "Yeah, but, then again, he can take himself."

"lt might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," I told them, keeping my head down as I copied a few more sentences.

Groaning, Ron flipped the page in his book. "Now l'm really depressed."

Just then, Fred, who was sitting across from us a little ways with his twin, like usual, handed a note to Ron. "'Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone.'" Ron whispered what the note said. "Who you going with, then?"

Smirking, Fred crumbled up the note and tossed it at a girl sitting at the same table. She had black hair and dark skin and was rather beautiful, so I thought for sure there was no way she would say yes. "Oi, Angelina?" Fred whispered so it was just barely audible. "Do you wanna go to the ball with me?"

Angelina's face instantly lit up. "To the ball? Yeah, all right."

Ron scoffed as he turned to Hermione. "Oi, Hermione, Yavana. You're girls."

"Very well spotted." Hermione huffed.

"You two come with us," Ron said, earning another smack from Snape, except this one harder and with a book. "Come on. lt's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad."

"l won't be going alone, because, believe it or not, someone's asked me!" Hermione seethed as she packed up her things and stood up. "And l said yes!"

Watching as she stormed off, George looked to Ron again. "Nice one."

"Hey, Fred might be going with someone, but last time I checked, you don't have a date either." Ron retorted.

"Sure I do," George smirked as he looked to me. "Yavana, you wanna go to the ball with me?"

Ron's eyes grew wide, waiting to see what I would answer. "There's no way she's going with you." Ron spoke before I had the chance to. "Besides, she's going to be a great friend and go with Harry or I, right?"

I let out a small chuckle, proving how hilarious I found that statement. "There's no way I am going with one of you."

"But you can't go with my brother!"

"Sure I can." I too packed up my things since I was finished. "Sure, George, I'll go with you."

I said yes to George mostly because I did still sort of like him and because I didn't want to attend the ball alone, but a small part was to see the look on Ron's face when I agreed, and it was worth it. His eyed bugged out more than I thought was even humanly possible and his mouth drooped open.

"See you later." I smiled at my ball date before picking up my bag and heading out of the room.