"Yeah. Stay away from me."

"Fine."

With that, Ron pushed past us and continued walked off with Seamus. I could tell everything about the tournament was taking a toll on Harry, and having his best friend hate him definitely wasn't helping.

"Why so tense, Potter?" Draco called as he sat up in a tree like some sort of monkey. "My father and l have a bet, you see. l don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament. He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five."

"l don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy." Harry stalked over, everything piling up inside of him and making him angry. "He's vile and cruel. And you're just pathetic."

Grimacing, Draco drew his wand. "Pathetic?"

"Oh, no, you don't, sonny!" Professor Moody ran out and cast a spell, turning Draco into a white ferret. "l'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned! You stinking, cowardly, scummy-"

"Professor Moody!" McGonagall ran over. "What are you doing?"

"Teaching," Moody answered as he used his wand to shake the ferret, or Draco, around.

McGonagall's eyes grew wide when she realized what was happening. "ls that a─Is that a student?"

"Technically, it's a ferret." Moody dropped the creature down Crabbe's pants, causing the crowd that had formed to burst out into laughter.

As soon as the ferret had crawled out of Crabbe's pants though, McGonagall changed it back into Draco, who's hair was messed up and face flushed with fear. "My father will hear about this!" Draco told Moody.

"ls that a threat?" Moody chased Draco off. "l could tell you stories about your father that would curl even your greasy hair! lt doesn't end here!"

"Alastor!" McGonagall approached the man. "We never use transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Dumbledore told you that."

"He might've mentioned it."

"Well, you will do well to remember it." she nodded before turning to the students. "Away!"

"You. Come with me." Moody told Harry as he started to walk off.

Turning from Moody to me, Harry gave me a sheepish smile. "See you later?"

"Yeah."

_______________

As everyone on the premises of Hogwarts filed into the stadium for the first event of the tournament, I felt my stomach fill with butterflies, knowing full well that in a couple of minutes I could be watching my friend die. Fred and George were using the excitement to their advantage though and taking bets as they walked up and down the rows.

Every time one of the dragons would let out a roar from their cages on the side of the stadium, the crowd would scream, ecstatic at being able to see four different dragons in one day.

"Your attention, please," Dumbledore announced, making sure everyone could hear over the screams. "This is a great day for all of us. Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger. Please keep your seats at all times. This will minimize any risks you may be exposed to. I'm sure we all wish our champions the best of luck."

Heading over to the tent where Harry and the other champions were waiting, Hermione and I made sure we weren't spotted before standing on the other side of the thin tent fabric. "Harry? ls that you?" I asked.

"Yeah," Harry replied.

"How are you feeling? Okay?" Hermione tried to talk through her own nerves. "The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to-"