5 | Golden Snitch

Magsimula sa umpisa

There was a troll in the girls' bathroom.

Slowly, the two of us started to back away, trying to remain calm as we ran into one of the stalls and locked the door. It didn't do much good though as the troll used his giant club to destroy the tops of the wooden stalls.

Screaming, both Hermione and I collapsed to the ground along with the piles of shattered wood. "Hermione, Yavana, move!" I heard Harry yell as he and Ron ran into the bathroom.

Crawling away, the two of us tried to escape as the troll destroyed the rest of the remaining stalls. "Hey, pea-brain!" Ron shouted as he threw a chunk of wood right at the troll, hitting him square in the head and distracting him for a few seconds, giving Hermione and I time to crawl out of the woodpile.

The two of us hid under the sinks, but they were soon destroyed as well, proving that there was really nowhere we could hide in the bathroom. Pulling out his wand, Harry grabbed onto the troll's club as he swung it, catching a ride up and sitting on the beast's shoulders.

The troll went crazy, shaking around and trying to get Harry off of him. With one jerk, the troll caused Harry to shove his wand up the monster's nose. The troll sneezed before shaking around some more and eventually grabbing Harry by his leg.

"Do something!" Harry yelled as the troll took a swing at him with the large club.

Ron looked around the pretty empty bathroom. "What?"

"Anything!"

Pulling out his wand, Ron gulped. "Swish and flick," Hermione told him.

"Wingardium Leviosa." Ron flicked his wand, causing the club to slip right out of the troll's hand and float into the air. Seconds later, the club fell, hitting the troll on the head and knocking him out.

Harry fell to the ground as the troll dropped him and quickly scurried out of the way as to not be squashed by the giant beast. "Is it dead?" I gulped, helping Hermione stand as we walked over to the boys.

"I don't think so. Just knocked out." Harry answered as he pulled his wand out of the troll's nose, which was covered in a gross looking slime. "Troll bogies."

Just then, a group of teachers rushed into the bathroom. "Oh, my goodness!" McGonagall gasped when she saw the troll and turned to the boys. "Explain yourselves, both of you!"

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall," Hermione spoke up before Harry or Ron had the chance to. "I went looking for the troll. I read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry, Ron, and Yavana hadn't come and found me, I'd probably be dead."

"Be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do." McGonagall said. "I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part and am very disappointed in you, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor...for your serious lack of judgment. As for you two gentlemen, and lady...I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you...for sheer dumb luck."

With that, McGonagall walked out. "Perhaps you ought to go." one of the other teachers, Professor Quirrel, told us. "It might wake up."

_______________

"Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on." Ron told Harry as we sat at breakfast the next morning, still a little shaken about the incident from the night before.

"Ron's right. You'll need your strength today." I agreed as I grabbed a slice of toast and tossed it onto Harry's otherwise empty plate.

Harry stared down at his plate and poked at the toast with his fork. "I'm not hungry."