Chapter 37

Josh shook me gently awake.
"Huh,"I mumbled.
"It's like two in the morning,you fell asleep."Josh explained.
"Mhm,"I said as I was falling back asleep.
"Danny,I'm going to bed,I just wanted to let you know."
"Just leave me on the couch."I pulled the blanket over my chin.
Josh kissed my cheek. "No,"
"I'm not moving."I protested.
Josh picked me up and carried me to my room.
"Goodnight,"Josh kissed my cheek and laid down beside me.
I nodded half asleep."night,"
Josh out his arm around my waist and we both fell asleep cuddling.
I woke up to the birds chirping.I turned around to see that Josh was on his phone texting someone."Who are you texting?"I asked Josh curiously.
"Jack,He said that Alex and Matt are back and they want to see us."Josh showed me the texts.
"Oh,maybe we should go back I mean,I don't want to,But school starts in like four days."I explained.
Josh nodded."I know,I'm going to miss you."
I kissed Josh's cheek."Have you decided what college?"
Josh nodded."Yeah,California University."
"That's close,Do you know what college Jack is going to?"I asked.
Josh nodded."Yeah he's going to West Virginia."
"What,That far away!Why didn't Jack tell me?"I cried.
Josh shrugged."Thats why,I guess."I sat up and pulled the blanket off. "I'm calling him right now."
"No,Danny,Jack was going to tell you when you get back."Josh sat up and hugged me.
"Danny,don't worry about it,Jack is going to tell you."
"But I won't see him as much."I wrapped my arms around Josh.
"I know,Its going to be okay.My older sister,Emma did that but we see her at least once a year."
"Once a year!Thats way to long!"
Josh hugged me tighter. "Trust me,Jack will visit."
I nodded,I didn't want Josh to worry about it,That would just make it worse.
"Okay,"I whispered.
Josh kissed my softly on the lips. "I love you,"
"I know,"I smiled.
Josh lightly shoved me."You're turning into me,don't do that."
I laughed."Nah,"
Josh laughed and shook his head. I slid off of the bed and went to brush my teeth.
Once I finished brushing my teeth and doing my hair and make up Josh came in the bathroom and hugged me from behind.
"You stink,"I joked.
Josh shrugged."Thanks,"
I kissed Josh's cheek.
"Your so adorable,"Josh pinched my cheek playfully.
I smacked Josh's handy way."That hurt,"I fake whined.
Josh kissed the cheek that he pinched.
"Baby,"He joked.
"Love you too,"I laughed.
Josh kissed me again."I love you so much,"
"I know,"I smiled.
"So are we leaving today?"Josh asked me.
"School is starting in four days,i still have to get school clothes and you have to get ready for college."
Josh nodded. "I know,lets leave in a hour."
"Okay,"I slipped out of Josh's arms and went into my room to go and pack.
A few minutes later Josh came in and started to help me put my clothes in my bag.
"Thanks,"I put the last of my clothes away.
"Yeah,now you just have to help me put mine away."Josh had a grin on his face.
I ignored Josh and went into his room,clothes were thrown everywhere and his bed was unmade. "Josh it looks like a tornado went off in here!"I cried."I know,Thats why I wanted you to help me."Josh leaned in the doorway and smirked.
"Josh,we are leaving in a half hour,this is going to take longer.How is this messy and your room at your house is spotless?"I asked.
"My mom cleans it up,"Josh threw a dirty shirt in his bag.
"Josh,thats gross."
Josh shrugged and grabbed all the clothes off of the floor and stuffed them into his bag.
"You're mom is going to kill you."
"She's not coming home until school starts."Josh zipped up his bag and started to make his bed.
"What are we going to do with the leftover food?"I asked.
Josh shrugged."leave it here,"
I nodded and grabbed Josh's bag mine to go put it in the trunk.
A few minutes later Josh came outside with our last bag."Ready?"Josh asked.
"Yeah,Lets go say bye to everyone."
Josh nodded,"Yeah lets just drive the car up so we don't have to walk back."
Once we said our goodbyes we got into the car and went back to my house.My parents were both out on a business trip together.
Josh pulled into my driveway,a gray sports car was parked in the drive way."Who's car is that?"Josh asked.
"I don't know,"I got unbuckled and unlocked the front door. Once I opened the door everything was smashed and thrown."Josh,I think someone broke in and they might still be here!"I cried.
Josh quickly rushed to my side.
"Whoa,"Josh looked through the door.
"I hear someone upstairs."I whispered. Josh grabbed a baseball bat that Jack carelessly threw at the steps.
There was a loud crash and a shattering sound. I grabbed Josh's arm. He slowly went up the steps and I followed helplessly behind.
Another smashing sound came from my room and Josh quietly walked to the door way.Who ever it was that threw my laptop at Josh.Josh quickly duck and the laptop landed right at my feet.
"Mike,Stop it!"Josh shouted over the smashing.
It was Mike?I thought he was on probation.
"You took her away from me!"Mike shouted. I looked over Josh's shoulder,Mike's eyes were filled with rage,his face was bright red.
"I didn't,you were horrible!"
Mike threw my Tv at Josh luckily,Josh stepped out of the way,dragging me with him.
"Mike stop!"I shouted.
Mike went over to Josh and tried to punch Josh but ducked and punched Mike in his stomach.Mike crashed onto the floor."Danny,go call the cops!"Josh shouted.
Mike quickly got up and tried to chase after me but Josh grabbed Mike and threw him at the wall.I grabbed the house phone and dialed the police station.
I heard a loud smash,I dropped the phone and ran over to were Josh and Mike were.
Mike was knocked out cold on the floor and Josh was all cut up with shattered glass and his nose was bleeding.
"Are you okay!"I cried.
Josh nodded."Yeah,are the cops coming."I nodded and walked over to Josh and hugged him.
"You're getting my blood all over your shirt."
I shrugged."So what?"
Josh laughed.
Soon the police came stomping up the stairs. "Are you two alright?"The police chief asked.
Josh and I nodded. A bunch of officers dragged Mike away. "So what happened?"The chief asked.
"We just came back from my grandparents farm house and we saw a car parked in the driveway and we went inside to find Mike trashing the house."Josh explained.
The chief nodded. "Okay thanks,We might need to ask again."
Josh and I nodded.
Soon the Medics we checking Josh and taking the glass shards out of his arm.
Once the all the cops and Paramedics left Josh and I began to clean everything up. "Josh,are you sure that your okay you don't look so good."
"I'm just worried about you,I mean Why would Mike just now come back after a couple of weeks without doing anything?"Josh ran his hands through his hair.
"Don't worry about me,"I hugged Josh.
"I'm not leaving you alone tonight without anyone home."
"Well call Alex and Matt they can come over to and help clean up."I threw Josh my phone.
Once everything was cleaned ,Alex,Matt,Josh and I crammed in the basement couch to watch a movie.
"So are you guys okay?"Alex asked,her face full of worry and concern.
"Yeah we are fine,How was London?"Josh asked.
Alex and Matt's face brightened and they looked at each other mischievously.
"Oh my god,you didn't."Josh's jaw dropped.
Alex covered her face with a pillow and Matt nodded bashfully.
I looked over at Josh who was laughing. I shoved Josh lightly,"Aw,leave them alone."
For the rest of the night we watch movies and talked. Around midnight Alex and Matt left.
Josh and I went upstairs to my room to go to sleep. "When are you're parents coming back?"Josh asked as he changed out of his ruined shirt.
"Before school starts,"
"Where's Jack?"
"I think at Cassidy's,"I curled up
Next to Josh once he laid down beside me and we both fell asleep.
A/N
Thanks so much for 1.4k reads!