Chapter 3

Authors note

Hey guys, I'm sorry about the short chapter hope you like it so far!

___________________________

I was to stunned to speak.Why would Josh say something like that to me?

"You know what, I'm done!" I cried.
"I think I can take care of myself Josh!"I barely could take because I was so flustered by Josh.
Josh was about to say something but Mike walked up from behind me and gave me one of his famous bear hugs. "Hey Danny," Mike said wrapping his strong arms around me even tighter.
I looked up at Josh who's eyes where looking angrily into mine-his blue eyes looked even bluer than before and his short black hair in a perfect quiff. I looked up at Mike,shocked he was here.
"Mike?"
"Yeah?" Mike raised an eyebrow.
"I have to go warm up but I can't because you have the death grip on me." I said pretending to choke. "What's wrong with you?" Mike joked spinning me around giving me a quick peck on the lips.
"I've been asked that a lot lately." I said quickly pointing at Josh who's eyes still intensely looking into mine.
And with that I quickly went down to the track to do a couple warm up laps with Alex who was impatiently waiting for me.
"Sorry," I said starting to jog with Alex. "It's fine just make it quicker next time, with that pathetic love triangle you have going on."Alex half joked.
"Okay fist of all its not a love triangle, Josh doesn't even like me and if he did then he doesn't now after what happened on the way here" I puffed. "Calm down don't worry about it!"
We finished running the lap in silence. I walked to my bag to put my track spikes on before they called my event. "Hey Danny, I'm so sorry for how I acted."Josh said and for once in his life he was serious.
"It's okay I'm sorry too." I finished tying my spikes and I stood up and hugged Josh first he went froze then he wrapped his strong arms around me. For what seemed like ages Josh protectively held on to me.
Then they called for event ten, my event.
"I gotta go," I pulled away from Josh and ran down to the track. I quickly lined up beside Alex.
"I saw you an Josh hugging," She giggled. "You guys are so cute forget Mike go to Josh!" Alex giggled harder. She only did that when she knew something I didn't know and it involved me in it. Crap.
"Wha-" I was interrupted by a fat lady chomping on gum like a freaking cow. "Alright cupcakes let get this show on the road."
She pointed to lane one and looked at her clipboard."Lane one Dannielle Fields, Lane two......" I zoned out until she called the last name.
I got in starting position and listened to the lady who was chomping the gum. The gun went off. I bolted.
Since it was only a 100 meter dash I gave it my all I zoned out the people cheering,went into my own little world and before I knew it I was done and I got first place, with a time of. 12.71.
Alex walked up to me an gave me a high five. "You go girl!"
"Thanks" I blushed.
"I'm going to get ready for my next events." I said as I walked off to the stands.

/////////////time skip///////////////

"C'mon Danny we've gotta go see the final score!"Alex dragged over to our team section.
"And the winners are...."The voice boomed."Oxford academy!!!!"
"We won!!!!" Alex squealed.
Josh and Mike ran up to us. "Congrats guys,"
Mike said then he gave me a quick peck on the lips."Sorry gotta go pack for Maryland."
"Okay at least it will be sunny here in California!" I joked. "Whatever,"Mike said and he ran off.
"Nice job Danny," Josh awkwardly made eye contact with me.
"Thanks you too,Josh." I mumbled. "Hey I'm gotta go get ready for the party, hopefully, I can still make it." Alex said.
"You going to come?"She nudged me. "What? Oh yeah, yeah I'm coming,Maybe."
"Okay bye," Alex waved bye and walked away to her car.
Josh grabbed my arm and lead through the crowd. Why isn't Josh being his Cocky self?
"Josh what are you doing?"
"I have to tell you something really important, Mike isn't going to Maryland he's just avoiding be-"
"Look Josh please just mind your own business I don't want things to get anymore awkward than they are now and-"
"No you stop Danny, I'm serious Mike is trouble."Josh had a straight face on, not his normal cocky grin.
But surely he was faking,right?
Oh, how wrong I could be.