Chapter 28

I woke up to the TV blaring.
I put a pillow over my head to block out the sound but it was ripped of my head a few seconds later by an happy Alex.
"Danny!"
"What!"I whined,putting the pillow back on my head.
Alex ripped it off and threw the pillow in my closet.
"Guess what!"Alex squealed.
"What?"
"Matt is taking me to London for a week,were leaving tonight!"
"What London?!"I sat up.
Alex nodded,a huge grin spread across her face.
"I know I can't wait!"
I got out of my bed and grabbed a sweatshirt and Alex and I went downstairs.
"What are you guys going to do?" I asked excitedly.
"I don't know,Matt just told me he wanted everything to be a surprise."Alex grinned.
"That's so sweet!"I said in awe.
Alex nodded."I know my parents even know,"
I laughed. "How come I didn't know?"I raised and eyebrow.
"Since your my best friend,Matt thought you would end up telling me some how."Alex shrugged.
I nodded and grabbed a box of fruity pebbles and poured them into a bowl.I grabbed the milk from the fridge and poured it in the bowl and began to eat.
"Want anything?"I asked,my mouth full of cereal.
Alex shook her head. "No,I already ate your mom made pancakes."
"When does my mom cook?"
Alex shrugged,"I don't know,guess she was in a good mood or something."
"Oh,"
"Yeah and your car is in the drive way,i am taking you to get your boot of in like twenty minutes."
"Why did you just tell me!"I dropped my spoon,the milk and fruity pebbles splashing everywhere.
"You wouldn't get up."Alex shrugged.
I rolled my eyes and went up stairs to get ready. "Hurry up!"Alex shouted.
I went to my closet and grabbed a pair of leggings and an Purple American Eagle T-shirt.
I quickly put them on,Brushed my teeth and straitened my hair.I rushed back downstairs,as fast as my boot would let me.
"I'm done!"I shouted as I got to the kitchen.
"Danny,"
I looked around and I saw Josh stretched out in the couch watching a football game.
"Hey Josh,"
"Ready to get you cast off?"Josh asked,turning away from the TV so he could talk to me.
"Yeah,where Alex?"
"She left to pack,I'm taking you to the doctors now."Josh turned the tv of and walked over to me.
"Oh okay,"I hugged Josh,"ready to go?"
"Yeah,"Josh kissed my cheek and gave me a tight squeeze and we headed outside to his car. "Do you wanna take your car so you can drive after the appointment?"Josh asked raising and eyebrow.
I nodded. Josh laughed and grabbed my car keys of off the shelf and unlocked my car.
I got in and reclined the seat back. "Man,I love this car."I yawned.
Josh just started the car and laughed.
"Be nice,"I joked.
"Fine,"Josh sighed.
"Where's Jack?"I asked.
"At Cassie's house,"Josh shrugged.
"What,why wouldn't he tell me?"I asked, curiously.
Josh shrugged,"I don't know ask him when he gets home."
"I will,"
Josh laughed,"You do that but make sure you be nice about it,you know how Josh will get if you get pushy."
I crossed my arms."I'm sorry I can be pushy I just want to know thing that I should know."
"Okay,Okay,Danny,"Josh laughed.
"Fine,"I smiled and playfully smack Josh on the arm.
"I'm driving!"Josh said in a mock hurt voice.
"Fine,"I laughed.
Josh gave me a playful shove as he turned into the doctors office parking lot.
"You ready to get that bulky boot off?"Josh smiled.
"Yeah and I will finally be able to walk right."
Josh laughed and held the door open for me and we walked into the office. We walked in and the nurse gave me a clipboard for me to fill out before I would see the doctor.
Once I was finished Josh and I gave the paperwork to the nurse and she led us to the doctors office.
"The doctor will be with you in a few minutes,"The nurse forced a smile,it really looked like a grimace.
Once the nurse left Josh started to laugh. "What?"
"The nurse just looks so happy to be here."
I smiled."Why?"
Josh just kissed my cheek and continued to chuckle.
A few minutes later the doctor came in.
"Alright,Danny,you ready to see if your leg is ready to be taken out of your cast?"
I looked nervously at Josh who smiled and nodded.
"Yeah,"
"Alright let's go take an X-Ray."The doctor gave me a strange smile. I think his name was Dr.Montgomery.
"Okay,"I slid out of the chair I was sitting in and walked,well limped,over to the doctor. "You can come to,son."Dr.Montgomery added.
Josh nodded and we followed the doctor to the X-Ray room.
-After X-Ray-
"Alright,Your results should be coming in a few minutes."Dr.Montgomery told us as he closed the office door.
"Okay,"I nodded.
"So how does yours leg feel."
"It doesn't hurt when I walk or do anything."
"That's good,"
Josh just sat there ackwardly.
A few minutes later a nurse came in with the X-Rays of my leg.
The doctor took them and looked at them.