Chapter 2

I walked out with Josh to his car. "I still can't believe that your bag is bigger than you, you don't need that much!" Josh complained for the hundredth time.
"Oh my god,stop saying that!" I complained. I opened the door to Josh's Camaro and plopped onto the seat and threw my bag in the back.
"Wow your gentle," Josh laughed.
"Just shut up and drive!" I smacked Josh upside head.
"Ow,that really hurt!" Josh fake whined.
"Hurry up we are going to be late!" I whined. "Okay,Okay i'm driving!"
I smirked and put my headphones and started jamming to 5 Seconds Of Summer's 'Heartbreak Girl', I stared belting out the lyrics as loud as I possibly could knowing it would annoy Josh.
"Oh my god, Danny stop what did I ever do to you!" Josh screamed over top of me.
He yanked out my ear buds with one hand and quickly pulled them towards him taking my phone with him.
"Josh,Give it back!" I said while giving him puppy dog eyes for five minuets until I started to belt out the rest of the song.
"Heartbreak girl!"
"DANNY OH MY GOD STOP IT!" Josh said shoving my phone in my direction. Surprisingly, Josh's eyes were trained on the road.
"Dannielle what's wrong with you!" Josh said, know I hated it when people called my 'Dannielle'.
I ignored Josh and started texting Alex seeing if she was already at the track. "Who are you texting?" Josh said in a fake mom voice.
"None of you business!"
"Oh but isn't it, I mean who's going to be your brother when he's not around?" Josh smirked.
"Obviously no one so I can actually have a life." I groaned.
"Danny,Jack just wants the best for you and so-" My phone started ringing.Mike.
Ignored Josh's angry face and answered."Hey Mike!"I grinned at Josh.
"Hey Danny would you hate me if I came to your track meet I wanna see you! Mike whined.
"I guess but don't embarrass me!" I joked.
"Ok but when I see you I have to give you something, it's and early birthday present." Mike said sweetly,I could tell he was smiling even though I couldn't see him.
"Oh,um, okay but you really didn't have to my birthdays tomorrow why can't I wait-"
"Oh,well um,I guess I forgot to tell you,er. . I'm going to Maryland tomorrow to go see my sister for her baby shower and I don't want to keep you all to myself on you birthday."
"I wouldn't mind that." I mumbled.
"I know," Mike sighed.
I look over at Josh who was pulling to a parking space,his face twisted in anger and sadness. What the hell?Is he bipolar?
"I have to go I'm at the track,bye love you!"
With that I hung up not bothering to hear Mike finish his sentence.
Josh slammed his door shut so hard the whole car shook.
What was wrong with him? I quickly grabbed my bag and got out of the car and ran up to Josh.
"Josh what's up with you!" I was stunned.
Josh came to a dead stop.
"You don't get it do you."
Then Josh shook his head and quickly walked away. I tried to catch up to him but the crowd was to big. Of all meets I fight with Josh!
"Hey, Danny!" I heard someone shout I turned around and saw that it was Alex.
"Hey," I grumbled.
"What's up with you?"
"Josh just flipped out on me no big deal." I shrugged.
I walked to the runners' section and scanned the crowd for my team.
I spotted Josh and jogged up to him, my bag bouncing behind.
"What was that all about Josh?" I asked.
Josh had a look of disgust on his face. "Danny, Mike is going to break your heart and Its not going to be pretty I can promise you that."
"Josh-"Before I could say anything else he went to other group of friends and left me standing in alone at the edge of the track, in complete and utter shock.