Chapter 17

Josh threw some limp bills on the table and helped me out of my seat. I kissed Josh's cheek,"Thanks,"

Josh nodded clearly wanting more than a kiss on the cheek. I rolled my eyes and I gave Josh another kiss but this time on his lips. I smiled the whole time.Josh pulled away not wanting to take it to far in public. I laughed,"Josh I though you didn't care to do that in public."

"I don't I know you don't like it."Josh said in as-a-matter-of-fact voice. I grabbed my crutches and we headed to the door.

-----------

Once we got back to the hotel I laid down on Josh's bed ,to lazy to go two more feet to mine. Josh flopped down beside me. "So.......what do you wanna do?"Josh asked.

I just shrugged and laid my head in Josh's chest. Josh wrapped his arms around me. "I love you,"He whispered.

"I love you too,"I looked up into Josh's ice blue eyes. Josh started rubbing my back.

"We have to leave tomorrow night." Josh sadly said.

I nodded knowing that meant I had to face Mike. "Hey,Danny I won't let him hurt you I promise."Josh kissed the top of my head.I looked around for the earrings Mike had gotten me. They were carelessly thrown on the desk.

"What do I do with those earrings?"I asked.

"Throw them at him,I don't know."My phone started to buzz.Great timing.it was Mike.

"What,"I snapped.

"Whoa just calm down."Mike warned,his voice on edge.

"I know what you did to me last Friday."I icily spat.

There was a pause. "No one is going to believe you,"Mike spat,his voice rising with each word he said.

"Josh believes me and it's the truth."

"He is a love sick puppy he will believe anything you say."

Was that true?I quickly collected myself. "Well,That sucks for you because everyone believes Josh."

Whoa that was pathetic.

Mike stifled a laugh."Oh really but doesn't everyone believe me?"

I looked over at Josh. Who was hanging on to every word that was said. His eyes were filled with rage. I quickly hit end.

"Josh?"My voice shaking.

Josh got up and walked to the door and slammed it shut.The room shaking.

Did I say something. Or was it what Mike had said. It wasn't like I could go and find out I can barely walk as it is and I have no energy left just from going to a restaurant.And it was two o'clock.

I tried calling Josh but it went strait to voice mail.Where is he?Us he mad at me?

Finally my phone started to vibrate I quickly grabbed it. It was Matt,Alex's boyfriend. "Hey,"

"Are you okay Alex told me what Mike really did where is Josh can I talk to him he isn't answering his phone...I heard you guys are dating now-"

"I don't know where he is,Mike called me and Josh left after the call ended. And I can't just go looking for him,I have a cast so I have to just sit and wait."Then I heard a knock on he door. "Danny....its Josh can you let me in?"Josh's voice sounded sincere. "I gotta go Matt." I hopped over and opened the door. Josh hugged me tight."Who was that."I pulled away from Josh even though it hurt me a lot more than it hurt Josh.

"Where were you,you can't just leave me!"I choked out.

"I know Danny i'm sorry."Josh tried to pull me towards him but I limped away. "No!You can't just comeback an hour later and expect me to not freak out!And then you don't tell me anything!"Tears blurred my vision.

"Danny,"Josh whispered. "I know I scared you but I am not like Mime I won't hurt you."Josh sounded hurt.

"I know,but you know you shouldn't have left me alone like that."I wiped away my tears, still scared of what Mike had done to me. I finally let Josh pull me into a comforting hug.

"I'm so sorry Danny I didn't know how bad he really hurt you and that it would make you so unstable.I love you."Josh's words tumbled out of his mouth in a jumble.

"I love you,"I whispered,finally calmed down.

I hugged Josh tighter. My bad leg starts to hurt so I pulled away. "My leg,"I said barley a whisper.

Josh picked me up and set me on his bed. Josh kissed me softly. "Danny,I love you so much I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."Josh kissed me again and again. I kissed him back,"I love you too," I said,looking into his icy blue eyes.

Josh smiled sadly and kissed me again. "I don't wanna lose you."Josh confessed.

"You won't,"I reassured him.

Josh nodded. I laid on Josh and fell asleep.

*****

I woke up at six. I looked over at Josh who was looking at me. "What?" I asked.

"I can't believe you're mine." Josh whispered and he kissed my forehead.

"Really,"I was stunned."You know you could've asked me before Mike did."I continued.

"I know I chickened out though."Josh sighed.

"Did Jack know?Or does he know?"

"He's always known.I thought you knew to,it was really obvious."Josh admitted.

"No it wasn't!And how long have you liked me?"I asked.

"For about two and a half years now."Josh sheepishly admitted. I was stunned.That long and I didn't know.

"Whoa I feel like an idiot."I breathed.

Josh laughed. "Oh well at least I have you now,it was worth the wait."Josh kissed me softly.

"I love you,"I to play with Josh's hair.

"I love you,"Josh kissed me nose.

I giggled. I curled up beside Josh and thought about those two and a half years of being clueless.

"Josh!"I smacked him.

"When you walked in on my you weren't doing that to be a jerk you were doing that because you liked me!"

"Duh,"Josh laughed.

"And all those times when you said all that-"

"Danny!I know..I know!"Josh laughed harder.

"Was I really that clueless?"I asked.

Josh shook his head and pulled me closer. "It drove me crazy it only mad me like you more."Josh admitted.

"That's adorable,"I chirped.

"It was pathetic,I should've asked you before Mike did!"Josh whined.

"I know but oh well."I said reassuringly.

I cuddled and talked with Josh until we both fell asleep at two in the morning.